Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #1 
kngiraffe

What should I do to speed up the healing process?

So this was Gibbs the week before Easter.

Now these three pictures are of him Tuesday night after I did a 100% water change.

I noticed his fin had the little hole Sunday (4-21-13) night way late and I meant to change him Monday (4-22-13) but I had to work late and crashed as soon as I got home at 10:30pm.

So I wasn't able to do a 100% water change until Tuesday night around 7pm.

I put his betta safe for tap water in his tank and his water temp is around 82 degrees everyday and it never changes or drops because I have a heater that has a dial so I can set the temp.

What else should I do for my little guy to get his tail gorgeous again?

I bought on Friday (4-20-13) Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets Betta Food, .61 oz. because he was bloated last Tuesday because of his other food.

So, on Sunday when I noticed his tail was all messed up he was no longer bloated so I've been giving him one omega one pellet a day and he seems a lot happier and more active again.

I was told not to use aquarium salt all the time bc it’ll hurt their kidneys and I just had salt in there for like 7 days. So, I want to kind of stir clear of that. I have stress coat with aloe vera in it but I don't know if I want to use that again.

Do I just need to keep putting new water in everyday until he heals or what?

I want his tail to remain pretty and healthy. and I want him to be healthy.

Last edited by kngiraffe; 04-25-2013 at 04:01 PM.
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #2 
Artemis

I think the water could do with 25-50% changes 1 time a day and I would add Seachem Stress Guard. It doesn't have slimecoat additives and won't clog filters and works better IMO
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #3 
HeroicPoison

I took in a betta with completely shredded fins. API stresscoat+ does wonders, he's still healing (since he had such extreme damage) but it has helped him heal much quicker then anything else I have used in the past. I highly recommend it :)
HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote