Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #51 
parakeeto225

thankyou guys for complimenting kokobe..he's doinq fine! how are your betta's doinq?
parakeeto225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #52 
veganchick

I need to post new pics of alfreds critter keeper. I took out the gravel and added sand, and I am in the process of adding real plants! Should be done in a few days once I see what looks right :)
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #53 
JingleAllTheWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

But if it's big, or you need to know before you buy and the petstore doesn't look fondly upon you pouring water in their containers (really I don't know why they always get so upset over that xD), then you go by this rough formula:
LxWxH=in3 (Length times width times height equals cubic inches)
and then
in3 / 231=US Gal. (cubic inches divided by 231 equals your amount in US gallons). <-- Because there are 231 cubic inches in a US gallon.

But hey, you're on a computer, you can always go over to a handy dandy conversion calculator:
Cubic Inches to Gallons conversion calculator
That one right there works quite nicely, and type in your number of cubic inches and wha-lah, it will tell you approximately how many gallons you get so you don't have to do that last bit on your own.
Thanks, that helped a LOT.
JingleAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #54 
TianTian

Here's Tian-Tian's new 2.5 gal. tank. :) Very simple, non-cluttered and... Zen-like? Lol. Submersible heater's in the back, no filter. The tall grass he's on is his FAVORITE.
I know the picture quality is awful; webcameras fail at picture-taking.
Hopefully I'll be able to invest in a good camera soon!

TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #55 
LaniBaby

All these tanks are so beautiful!! I envy the 10 gallons. I have a 10 gallon in my basement with a light but I don't have anywhere to put it. My guys are in the only safe spot where the cats can't jump up and after closer inspection i realized it wouldn't hold the weight of a 10 gal. And, of course, I'd feel bad putting 1 guy into a 10 gal and leaving the other in a 3 gal, so I'd have to have 2 10 gallons....I'm doing th ebest I can to cozy up the 3 gals until i have more space to give them.

Fishyinpa: i love the color of those glass stones! they are a beautiful blue! :) they complement Elvis nicely.

Last edited by LaniBaby; 04-16-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: typo
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #56 
LaniBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianTian View Post
Here's Tian-Tian's new 2.5 gal. tank. :) Very simple, non-cluttered and... Zen-like? Lol. Submersible heater's in the back, no filter. The tall grass he's on is his FAVORITE.
I know the picture quality is awful; webcameras fail at picture-taking.
Hopefully I'll be able to invest in a good camera soon!

you got him a new tank! it looks nice. that's that grass i have, yup. :) they really love it, don't they? i like the 3 rocks in the back. Maybe he will garden. I bet a little terra cotta flower pot would look super cute in there (and it's reallllly inexpensive...)
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #57 
rockstar26

here's cosmos tank.... still need to get a few plants!!

rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #58 
TianTian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniBaby View Post
you got him a new tank! it looks nice. that's that grass i have, yup. :) they really love it, don't they? i like the 3 rocks in the back. Maybe he will garden. I bet a little terra cotta flower pot would look super cute in there (and it's reallllly inexpensive...)

Haha, he ADORES that grass. I've tried moving it around his other tank and it's the first plant he checks out. Silly fish.

That's a good idea! Where can you find those, generally? Hobby Lobby or some craft store? And what materials would be fish-safe in a tank? Ceramic, I would guess....

Rockstar, that's a cute tank!
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #59 
Ariel1719

rock star! my baby lucifer has the same bridge =D he loves to go and hide under it and sleep in the little corners =D
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #60 
rockstar26

aw cute! i haven't seen mine get close to it yet LOL... Cosmo seems to love fighting the current from his filter in my tank.... and if im laying in bed he swims up and down the side of the tank im on like crazy...

i love him!, goign to get another betta tomorrow, they're addicting!!
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank