Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #11 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
No worries, when we type its sometimes to difficult to get our point across so that it makes sense or at least it is for me.
Yeah, I was talking with a friend when I wrote that ^^ I also have ADHD so that doesn't help haha
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #12 
Rainbows

Location: In a house, in a town, in a state, in USA, on earth.
She does not have a filter in her tank. Also she never had fin rot. Im not sure if it showed up over night. All I know is that I saw it like this today.
Rainbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #13 
Sakura8

Hi Rainbows. How is her behavior otherwise? Is she eating and acting normally?

Some wear and tear is to be expected on the fins, no matter what kind of fish. She could be biting just a bit (yes, even females can fin bite) but there's also a possibility she is missing in some nutrients needed to keep her fins strong so they are deteriorating on her own. Try switching to a different brand of food that is high in nutrients, such as Omega One or New Life Spectrum. Alternating her pellets with frozen foods such as frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp can also help supply some vitamins and minerals as well, since most frozen foods are gut packed and enriched before freezing.

Finally, another possibility is getting a product called Boyd's Freshwater VitaChem. This is a supplement that you add into the water with each water change and you can also soak food in it.

If she's not acting "off," then it's most likely nothing to worry about too much. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #14 
Rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Hi Rainbows. How is her behavior otherwise? Is she eating and acting normally?

Some wear and tear is to be expected on the fins, no matter what kind of fish. She could be biting just a bit (yes, even females can fin bite) but there's also a possibility she is missing in some nutrients needed to keep her fins strong so they are deteriorating on her own. Try switching to a different brand of food that is high in nutrients, such as Omega One or New Life Spectrum. Alternating her pellets with frozen foods such as frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp can also help supply some vitamins and minerals as well, since most frozen foods are gut packed and enriched before freezing.

Finally, another possibility is getting a product called Boyd's Freshwater VitaChem. This is a supplement that you add into the water with each water change and you can also soak food in it.

If she's not acting "off," then it's most likely nothing to worry about too much. :)
She is eating and acting perfectly normal, but is she is flaring at mostly everything which she never does But other than that she is eating perfectly fine and she is swimming and everything.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #15 
Sakura8

It could be she's just upset by Dreamless being in a hospital tank or being upset. Or maybe she has spring fever?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #16 
Rainbows

Maybe. She is normally next to Dreamless but now he is not there. So I dunno. Im just glad it was not worse.