Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #111 
JadeAngel
Member
 
JadeAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Indigo, you've been doing such a wonderful thing making drawings of everyone's bettas for free :D

I'd like to do something for you in turn. I make polymer clay figures and have been toying with the idea of doing something betta for a while. (I'm kinda lazy... I'll toy with an idea for many months before lifting a finger, lol)

So I'd like to make you a figure of some kind. You can tell me what you want.

You can choose from...
--3d figure of one of your bettas (it will be about 2-4", haven't made a betta before so it's a guestimate)
--Betta name plaque (will have the name and betta somehow) either to hang or lean on a table (let me know which)
--pendant or magnet
--keychain (but to be honest, most homemade keychains don't last longer, and it would probably have thinner parts so break easily due to normal keychain wear)

hmmm... or any other idea you might have that can be done with clay and isn't too complicated. You could even do a quick sketch of something you want and I can see if it's doable.

I need a practice subject, so why not one of your bettas and get you something nice in return for all of your kindness? n.n If it turns out nicely I might do commissions in the future here.

I'll just need your physical address to send it to after I'm done if you want it (just pm it if you do)

So what do you think?
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #112 
Indigo Betta
Member
 
Indigo Betta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lincolnshire UK
Wow, thanks JadeAngel, that's really kind of you!

Do you think you could make a pendant of my Betta Indigo? There's photos of him in my album.

I've got a really nice silver chain that I could put the pendant on.

I'll send you pictures of it on the chain.

Last edited by Indigo Betta; 04-23-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #113 
JadeAngel
Member
 
JadeAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Betta View Post
Wow, thanks JadeAngel, that's really kind of you!

Do you think you could make a pendant of my Betta Indigo? There's photos of him in my album.

I've got a really nice silver chain that I could put the pendant on.

I'll send you pictures of it on the chain.
Sure I'll try to get it started tonight, and I'll let you know when it's done
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #114 
JadeAngel
Member
 
JadeAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Half way done. I normally try to paint as little as possible and use colored clay mostly, but the had didn't want to cooperate, lol

So I'm heating up the oven now, and I'll paint the head and red wash in the fins when it's out and cool <3

I tried to make it as small as possible but it's difficult to make it small and detailed, so it's about 2"

Just going to shorten his ventrals a little bit before I pop him in n.n
Attached Images
 

Last edited by JadeAngel; 04-23-2013 at 09:39 PM.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:50 AM   #115 
Indigo Betta
Member
 
Indigo Betta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lincolnshire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
Half way done. I normally try to paint as little as possible and use colored clay mostly, but the had didn't want to cooperate, lol

So I'm heating up the oven now, and I'll paint the head and red wash in the fins when it's out and cool <3

I tried to make it as small as possible but it's difficult to make it small and detailed, so it's about 2"

Just going to shorten his ventrals a little bit before I pop him in n.n

its looking beautiful! your extremely talented!
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #116 
JadeAngel
Member
 
JadeAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Betta View Post
its looking beautiful! your extremely talented!
Finished it yesterday, and it's dry today. It's just one sided as a pendant, I will send it out later today as I have to go to the post office anyway

I hope you don't mind that it's shiny.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by JadeAngel; 04-24-2013 at 11:11 AM.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #117 
Indigo Betta
Member
 
Indigo Betta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lincolnshire UK
Thank you, its really beautiful and it looks just like Indigo.

You've got some real talent.

I can't wait to wear it and show it off to people!



ps I haven't forgotten your Guppy Crowntaillove, I'm still working on her, it takes a bit longer for me to draw Guppies.

Last edited by Indigo Betta; 04-24-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #118 
JadeAngel
Member
 
JadeAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Betta View Post
Thank you, its really beautiful and it looks just like Indigo.

You've got some real talent.

I can't wait to wear it and show it off to people!



ps I haven't forgotten your Guppy Crowntaillove, I'm still working on her, it takes a bit longer for me to draw Guppies.

No problem I hope you don't mind if I use this one as an example for commissions n.n
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #119 
Indigo Betta
Member
 
Indigo Betta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lincolnshire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
No problem I hope you don't mind if I use this one as an example for commissions n.n

no i don't mind at all, i'll be happy for you to use it as a example:)

be sure to pad the package well when you send him to make sure he stays safe, i'm really looking forward to getting him
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #120 
PeetaTheBetta
Member
 
PeetaTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Wow!!! Thanks so much for Peeta! He looks truley amazing!!! You are a great artist
PeetaTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
want to try drawing betta babybetta Betta Art 11 02-14-2013 05:27 PM
My First betta drawing SyraSolaris Betta Art 11 07-17-2012 12:55 PM
First attempt at betta drawing... xxcaveat Betta Art 1 04-16-2011 09:08 PM
My first betta drawing..... PitGurl Betta Art 10 02-28-2011 08:39 PM
Betta Drawing actbillie27 Betta Art 8 09-21-2010 05:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.