Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #661 
Catie79

Do you see what I see?

I pulled out the big log since the male was hiding in it constantly and the female just wasn't going to fit in there with him. Took that out, added some floating leaves, and gave everyone a good feed of bloodworms. When I came back from dinner, I found the big bubble nest and the two of them actively flirting. The female isn't entirely on board with him yet. She's colored up and flirting back, but her attention wanders off. Hopefully they'll be more focused now. Everytime she wanders off, the male gets back to work on that nest. She's not swooning? Clearly the nest needs to be bigger!

He's so cute.
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #662 
Setsuna

Anyone know where i can get a pair of palangkaraya betta? Seller needs to be from oversea
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #663 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catie79 View Post
Do you see what I see?

I pulled out the big log since the male was hiding in it constantly and the female just wasn't going to fit in there with him. Took that out, added some floating leaves, and gave everyone a good feed of bloodworms. When I came back from dinner, I found the big bubble nest and the two of them actively flirting. The female isn't entirely on board with him yet. She's colored up and flirting back, but her attention wanders off. Hopefully they'll be more focused now. Everytime she wanders off, the male gets back to work on that nest. She's not swooning? Clearly the nest needs to be bigger!

He's so cute.
That is super!! I bet your excited ^^
Old 04-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #664 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Anyone know where i can get a pair of palangkaraya betta? Seller needs to be from oversea
I know palangkaraya are sometimes sold under the name 'palangkarensis' because I have a pair of them and that is what they were sold as.

However, not sure where you would find them overseas. I haven't ever seen them really advertised on AB or anywhere else. Maybe try AquaticQuotient. I know that site has a section for bettas and it is comprised of mostly overseas members. One of the members for sure has palangkaraya.

Wetspot in America is coming up with some in stock. Not sure if you wanted to take that route. Pairs are easy to identify with this species. Unlike others of this complex so they may be able to source you a pair.

Green Neon Betta Betta palangkarensis WILD 1,25" $16.00 FEW
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #665 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I know palangkaraya are sometimes sold under the name 'palangkarensis' because I have a pair of them and that is what they were sold as.

However, not sure where you would find them overseas. I haven't ever seen them really advertised on AB or anywhere else. Maybe try AquaticQuotient. I know that site has a section for bettas and it is comprised of mostly overseas members. One of the members for sure has palangkaraya.

Wetspot in America is coming up with some in stock. Not sure if you wanted to take that route. Pairs are easy to identify with this species. Unlike others of this complex so they may be able to source you a pair.

Green Neon Betta Betta palangkarensis WILD 1,25" $16.00 FEW
i have already found a pair
Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #666 
LittleBettaFish

Cool. Are they for you? They are nice species. The colouring on the males is really awesome.

They are also really really prolific.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #667 
Setsuna

Quote:
Cool. Are they for you? They are nice species. The colouring on the males is really awesome.

They are also really really prolific.
They are for my friend in Thailand. He always ships me rare and beautiful splendens species for free so i though i buy from a pair for him because hes crazy about those but he doesnt know where to get it from thats why you see me get beautiful splendens complex all the time lol ^^
Old 04-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #668 
LittleBettaFish

Ah. They are definitely gorgeous fish. It's good you have a contact like that though! I think a lot of wild betta keepers would be jealous.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #669 
Setsuna

Quote:
Ah. They are definitely gorgeous fish. It's good you have a contact like that though! I think a lot of wild betta keepers would be jealous.
hahaha i think so too
Old 04-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #670 
LittleBettaFish

Stirred a few of my fish up with a mirror today. These are all juveniles bred by me. Have so many male burdigala I am going to have to sell a lot of them off.

My favourite. I think he has a couple of sisters in with him which would be good.

I am seriously debating about tearing down my wild betta set-ups and getting them re-organised. Think I might keep everyone in buckets for a couple of days and get their tanks sorted. It's such a big job though.

However, I hate how everything looks at the moment. I want a nice clean rack with flaps so I can hide all my equipment and lights. Plus velvet is still lurking in a couple of my tanks and I wish it would just die already.

The trouble is I don't want to go too simple as then I never see anyone because they are all plastered to the sponge filter hiding from view.