Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #1 
WolfHhowling

Talking Looking for cheap snails

Hello.

I am looking for snails. two would be fine. I want to get my mother a really nice looking Nerite snail, to put in with her betta Neptune.

I am also looking for one myself, but my gram only likes the Nerites that have pretty shells, she likes odd colors, and the striped ones quite a lot.

I would need a pick of each snail in your proposal.

The other snail will be going in my 34 gallon tank. ( I may or may not get him some friends if, grandma wants one or two more)

I am only willing to pay anything from 1 cent- 1 for young snails.

I live in Pa, in the town of Carrolltown. I would not like to pay shipping, if possible. I also can not do pay pal for offers above 4 dollars for a pair.
WolfHhowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #2 
registereduser

shipping any live fish/snail will be $12 minimum. There must be a local fish store that can get you some nerites. Have you asked?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #3 
WolfHhowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
shipping any live fish/snail will be $12 minimum. There must be a local fish store that can get you some nerites. Have you asked?
there are only three pet stores in the area 4v if you consider the second petco, pets n stuff and walmart. yes i have to consider walmart.

walmart sells mystery, and doesn't even know what a apple sial is.

petco up here laughs at you because thats all they got are apple sails and mysteries and really don't sell even them so why would they get Nerites?

Then you have the lovely Pets N stuff up here, they don't even sell snails. And refuses to get any in no matter how many times her customers beg.

I live in pa. People who have fish hobbies up here, are saltwater, they look at all the freshwater stuff and hobbyists and laugh.

Also I was looking for Nerite sellers/breeders in my area. ( thus the I don't want to pay shipping)
Old 04-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #4 
shellieca
Reference Team

I found my snails locally by doing an internet search for tropical plants, tropcial fish, nerite snails, etc. I don't know if you've done any online searching but that's where I'd start. It is VERY difficult to find Nerites for sale without having to ship them, I got lucky.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #5 
WolfHhowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
I found my snails locally by doing an internet search for tropical plants, tropcial fish, nerite snails, etc. I don't know if you've done any online searching but that's where I'd start. It is VERY difficult to find Nerites for sale without having to ship them, I got lucky.
I hate living in Pa. There is nothing here in Cambria county, I half to drive something like a hour just to see a german blue ram. its ridiculous. But thanks, I will see if I can find a Nerite breeder in my area.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #6 
WolfHhowling

Ya looks like I won't be getting and snails... bloody burgundy.

There is just one more place I could look, that shipping won't kill me.

nvm they don't sell freshwater invertebrates just salt water ones.....

Last edited by WolfHhowling; 04-26-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #7 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfHhowling View Post
Ya looks like I won't be getting and snails... bloody burgundy.

There is just one more place I could look, that shipping won't kill me.

nvm they don't sell freshwater invertebrates just salt water ones.....
Nerites ARE for salt water as well as fresh. I have ordered nerites through Petco before, they will order them if you ask. I don't understand why you are having such a problem.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #8 
WolfHhowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Nerites ARE for salt water as well as fresh. I have ordered nerites through Petco before, they will order them if you ask. I don't understand why you are having such a problem.
I live in Pa, cambria county. they don't give a rats behind about fish hobbies ware I live, and they could give a lesser one about freshwater. There are hardly and pet stores, if any at all. That the humane society shouldn't be called on.

That cite doesn't sell nerites at all. That and the ones they do have, were born bred and raised in salt, There is a big warning on them saying can't be put in a freshwater, due to the fact they aren't true nerites.

Also the two petco's up by me, they arn't very people friendly they refuse to hold any sales unless they want to move fish. And by fish I mean the tropicals because they have been in there store for four months.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #9 
rosy delta

how awful. isnt there a local pet store at all around you?? usually the small pet stores are happy to special order for you. or, something like a country max, or other general all types of animal store. You never know where you might find what you want. another option, advertise in your local paper in the want ads, or even your local craigslist. I bet there are people who have snails someplace near you!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #10 
registereduser

Pittsburgh looks to be about 100 miles away from you but maybe they know how to get you what you seek:

http://www.gpasi.org/