Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #1221 
Punki

The girl interests me alot. Shes got no color, blue eyes, hardly any shimmer at all. Looking at her parents i just dont know how a colorless girl could appear. Ive seen colorless before but usually their shimmer is white, but she doesnt have that. The flash on my camera gives her a bit of a shine but in RL shes transparent almost, and her bright blue eyes are pretty. What would you call this?
Name:  DSCN0079.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  67.1 KB
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #1222 
tpocicat

Pretty! I would call it cellophane. Any other guesses?
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #1223 
Punki

omg hahahaha I just noticed her sister hiding under the bridge giving her a dirty look "I was here first" XD Cellophane was the word i was thinking of! Just quite odd to see one coming from a blue/red VT and a blue/red female. I wondered if i got a cellophane CT if id have alot of little cellophane babies or if, although she has no color, shed breed alot of red/blue babies regardless. Shes so clean, ive had white, but the cheeks at least were red, never so so colorless. Pretty neat :)
Old 06-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #1224 
Sakura8

She's adorable. Very unique. :) I love her sister lurking in the background.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #1225 
Punki

I havent been here in quite awhile. Ive been busy with life, moving, mommy stuff. Today OldMan passed on. Hed gotten dropsy 3 months ago so he had to be moved to a smaller container. He spent his last three months on the desk im sitting at now. Hed always lay close to the side im on and watch me. Dancing when id stand up. He had a good, long life. He got to father kids and live in many different tanks with many different decorations. He was my baby <3 :(
Sorry to bump this up but this is my final post in here. Most of the people i met followed me through this spawn log. An update on OldMans kids? Happy, healthy, sorority. :)
Electra is still doing well also, though shes slowed down a bit. Shes not as hyper anymore but still loves to go crazy sometimes :)

Last edited by Punki; 04-26-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #1226 
Sakura8

:( Aw, Old Man. You did well, old boy. You have happy adorable girls and you had a good life. Thank you for the update on them, Punki. :)
Old 04-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #1227 
Punki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
:( Aw, Old Man. You did well, old boy. You have happy adorable girls and you had a good life. Thank you for the update on them, Punki. :)
Thanks. Today is my 30th birthday, im glad he went yesterday and not today but still pretty lost with this empty spot on my desk. I knew it would happen eventually, and he last alot longer then id hoped considering his rough start from walmart. At least i have his girls. Only one of his girls ended up being a "people person" like him and that is little old miss piggy. Shes still the runt but shes always at the glass looking out for me. The rest tend to do their own thing and argue over who sleeps where XD. Good to see you Sakura! And Moderator! Grats :)
Old 04-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #1228 
Sakura8

Thanks, Punki. It's really good to see you too. Aww, dear little Miss Piggy. :) *sniff* I'm getting all nostalgic thinking about how she grew up.

I'm glad he didn't pass on your birthday too, that would have been just too sad. For a Walmart boy, he had a good long life and of course I know it was a happy life too, with you. :)