Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #21 
LillieCharlotte

I really don't like to mess with heaters that don't let you set an exact temperature. The water either gets too hot, or not hot enough. I have a 2.5 gallon tank and the 50 watt Hydor Theo works fine in it (in a smaller tank, you'll have to set the thermostat slightly lower than the target temperature)
LillieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #22 
frankiefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillieCharlotte View Post
I really don't like to mess with heaters that don't let you set an exact temperature. The water either gets too hot, or not hot enough. I have a 2.5 gallon tank and the 50 watt Hydor Theo works fine in it (in a smaller tank, you'll have to set the thermostat slightly lower than the target temperature)
Funny you say that. In my 5 gallon I have mine set at 84 to keep the temp at 78.
frankiefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #23 
Mar

Bought one of these for my 5gal, and it works great. I think some of them work and some of them don't. For my 5gal it always keep it at around 78F
But in my hospital tank, it keeps it at 76F which isn't too bad, but I'd like it to be 78F. But still works pretty nicely. However, didn't really trust it for my main tank, so I got a heater that automatically keeps my temp around 80F and i love it!!
It's around $20 but worth the buy, and got it at petsmart. I can't remember offhand, but i'll let you know when i check it.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote