Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #11 
isochronism

I use the Biomaxx 10 filter in a small shrimp tank. I am very happy with it. It looks to me as what you have there. I use a small Fluval Pre-Filter slip on. I am impressed. Very nice!!
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #12 
Mashiro

I'm in the process of tearing down my 10 gallon.

I might just do this.
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #13 
TeteRouge

Thanks for all the kind comments The HOBs are Azoo Mignon 150s, they are adjustable though I'm running them moderately strong. The center and right have the most current, but it doesn't bother the Bettas. I modified them somewhat like this Azoo 60 (same design, just smaller than the 150s) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkChviIQds , Fluval prefilters (trimmed slightly to fit next to dividers) and coarse sponge on the outflow to baffle a little. I enlarged some of grid holes in the front of the mesh to facilitate circulation.

The Bettas

TeteRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #14 
Mashiro

Oh, the DT is quite handsome!
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #15 
Lena N

Tank you for sharing this. Pitty I you did not tell this before. :) I would try to do the same for my 4 Bettas. I would defenetly save a lot of money to compare with what I got and tank would be more nice looking and easier to operate. It is such great idea with 2 filters. And I love the colour of mesh for deviders. Did you also get it from Michaels like in tutorial? Plants are great too. Do all of them need a lot of light?
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #16 
wish4coner

I am definitely giving that a whirl with my 10! Thank you much for posting the link. Geesh, and I paid for a substandard one, not even close to being nice, at Petsmart. It looked like glass at the top. I love it!! Good job!
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #17 
Deanna01

With that brown mesh, they probably don't see each other clearly enough to get stressed, either, do they?
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #18 
TeteRouge

Exactly! They are aware there is something on the other side of the mesh, but they can't see clearly enough to get excited. They are too busy playing hide and seek in the plants, or begging for more fooood!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #19 
TeteRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashiro View Post
Oh, the DT is quite handsome!
Thanks, I was just having a look at Petco and he kinda got in my face, lol. I'm tall and we were eye-to-eye. It turns out he was the store fav.. They told me they often put their favorites up high to keep an eye on them, and hope they will go to an experienced home. I'd like to get a good photo, without the flash he looks velvety black with blue shimmers, and his tail and fins look smokey and almost transparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish4coner View Post
I am definitely giving that a whirl with my 10! Thank you much for posting the link. Geesh, and I paid for a substandard one, not even close to being nice, at Petsmart. It looked like glass at the top. I love it!! Good job!
Thanks, it was a fun project. BTW, don't pay the price at Aquarium stores for silicone. I went to Home Depot, got DAP "All-Purpose Adhesive Sealant". At the bottom of the tube and package, it says "Aquarium Safe". Under $5 including tax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
One of the nicest divided tanks I have seen. Fish aren't half bad either.

Very fine manzanita branches wrapped in moss would make a good hardscape. I have to say that your plants look nice and healthy.
Thanks! They are planted in Flourite. Interesting thought, love that "tree" look and have tons of moss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblez View Post
Wow, that looks stunning with the betta's in them. Looks so clean simple.
Thanks! That's what I was going for, restrained natural semi-Dutch. just looking for some foreground plants to finish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena N View Post
Tank you for sharing this..... And I love the colour of mesh for deviders. Did you also get it from Michaels like in tutorial? Plants are great too. Do all of them need a lot of light?
YW! I got the dividers at Jo-Ann Fabric, they were 59 cents each. They are referred to as #7 cross stitch or needlepoint plastic canvas. The background Rotala are low-moderate light, the Telanthera is medium to high light. There are (2) 18 watt lights on it.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #20 
Nibblez

Maybe you can try some dwarf hair grass for the foreground, should go well with the rest and also provide a nice little coverage for them to sneak through.
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote