Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #1 
osromatra

Update time! (Pic heavy) + New GIRL

It's been about 7 weeks since I started my sorority. They were QTed for 2 weeks so they've been in their new home about 5 weeks. There was some minor squabbles at first, nothing never more damaging that minor fin tears that has all healed quickly. The two blues are still a little anxious sometimes (evidenced by their frequent stripes) but even so appear very healthy. I plan on getting more driftwood and more plants and hopefully they will relax then.

On to photos:

Tank-

Lalla (I know it's blurry, she's impossible to snap a good pic of. See the black edging on her fins? I QTed her for 5 days and treated with AQ salt and it didn't improve or worsen at all. It's so evenly spaced on her fins, and my parameters are perfect. I am thinking it's her natural colors? Thoughts? ANd I want to make sure, she IS a female right? She has an egg spot, but her fins are much longer than the others, though not as long as my male's. I just want to make sure.)

Jullanar (Jul) - also hard to get a pic of, along with Rayleigh, she's the bottom of the pack!

Rayleigh (also bottom of totem pole)

Razz (Big Mama, I consider her the dominant female. She doesn't have to fight for anything, it just happens.)

Jerrica (a slightly older pic, but I love her face)

Amalthea (not the best pic, she was swimming off, but I wanted to show her fins. They were very pale teal at first, now 7 weeks later, they are dark blue, and I think she is starting to show a little butterfly going on)

D'Argo, healed up from his fin rot after the filter-being-left-off-for-3-days booboo. We also had a storm come through and fritz our filter last week and it was off all day (12 hours) and I frantically cobbled together a filter and used as much media as possible in it until we could replace it and luckily, the parameters didn't waver too much, and he hasn't had a relapse, though I feared it. He is so scared of me now though, I can't get a good pic, he darts off like he thinks I'm gonna kill him. So sad...)

and the new gal. No name yet. I'm considering Perdita and Vinca, but open to suggestions. I was at Petco the day of their new shipments and she had JUST gotten out. The other females we are like mine (mostly reds like Lalla, I'd swear they were sisters) and though I already have 2 blues, and honestly, blues are not my faves, something about her pulled at me. Maybe it was the spots on her dorsal? I dunno, but she came home with me. She is a cornflower blue color, with maybe a purple tinge at times. Chilling happily in her QT at the moment.
osromatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:15 AM   #2 
Hishifishy

Your females are so pretty. I'm in the process of setting up a sorority and I hope mine goes as smoothly as your seems to be going. I think you are probably right about Lalla's black coloring and at a glance she does seem to be a female. You should post more pictures! :) I'm glad that your male is healing up. I think the name vinca is lovely. I bet up she'll darken up though. I had a male who started off that same light cornflower blue and became very brightly colored turquoise\blue.
Hishifishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #3 
Adnamac

Lovely! All such gorgeous ladies, as well as one handsome fella. :)

Amalthea...like, The Lady Amalthea? The Last Unicorn? Or just a pretty name? :)
Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #4 
Minnieservis

Very pretty girls, I especially love Amalthea. Good luck with your sorority and I'm glad your male is healing up! :)
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #5 
osromatra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamac View Post
Lovely! All such gorgeous ladies, as well as one handsome fella. :)

Amalthea...like, The Lady Amalthea? The Last Unicorn? Or just a pretty name? :)
Yes, I named her after The Last Unicorn. Her coloring is similar to her and she has a little dot in the middle of her forehead, like Amalthea does in the movies.
osromatra is offline   Reply With Quote