Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #11 
TianTian

Nataku, you make a lot of great points, too, and I'm really glad to have your advice. :) Thank you, everyone!

To begin with, I am NEVER buying another Betta from the location I bought Tian-Tian from. EVER. They never take care of their Bettas and they always look so dagum sick. :(

Secondly, I think I've convinced myself NOT to get another Betta right now. Even if I did, I'd rather just get another tank than set myself up for failure with two Bettas in a cramped, divided space.

:) So Tian-Tian will be my only spoiled brat for now. Huzzah.
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thats probably a good idea.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #13 
Kim

I agree. I don't think he'd be too happy if his space was suddenly cut in half, and it also depends on the bettas' temperments whether or not they will be happy in a divided tannk. I have 2 divided tanks (a 10 and a 15 gal) and both are only divided once using plastic craft canvas dividers. They aren't clear, but the fish can sort of see eachother through them up close. The point is, I've had pairs that work out really well (some bettas love it and get more active), and ones that do not (one betta ate half of his fins within just a few hours of being in the divided tank). I've found that a male and a female or two females seem to work out better than 2 males. The females pretty much ignore the other fish, and the males seem to have fun occasionally showing off for a female. However, with 2 males it seems that the stress and aggression levels are just too high unless you have 2 particularly laid-back males. Anyway, I just thought I'd share my experiences on this topic ;)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #14 
TianTian

Thanks for your insight, Kim! :)
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote