Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #31 
Tonksy

My mom thinks I'm nuts because I own so many... and that I keep my dorm room over 80 for THEIR comfort. But she loves that I rescue most of them instead of impulse-buy the prettiest ones.

For a while I thought CTs were ugly... pfft. Then I started looking at their background and saw some amazing ones on aquabid and started to love them. xD (though my little plakat is still my favorite...)

What a wonderful person <3 that's dedication to the job right there!
Tonksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #32 
veggiegirl

Talk about it Jodi is amazing and she would never sell a sick fish either. That is awesome that you rescue most of your bettas!!!!! how many do you have by the way? Afraid I usually impulse buy the unusual ones but apart from the two black and silver ones the last three crowntails that I bought were rescues.......dying in filthy water and infested with velvet disease, fin rot etc. They are all completely healthy now and in the barrack tank with my imports. I just couldn't leave them in that terrible pet shop. I hardly ever go there because of the way that they treat their bettas. I once spent approx $130 treating a critically ill betta that I rescues from that pet shop....almost died but I finally managed to get him to pull through. I have been to the vet twice in the last week regarding my fishies......by no means a cheap venture but can't let them down.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #33 
Tonksy

I have seven right now. 4 are rescues. :) The three I didn't rescue were a chocolate betta (my first betta), a baby ct female, and a little dragonscale plakat.

WOW, that's good that he pulled through! One of my rescues is being treated for Columnaris right now and it's stressing him out so much.. I hope he pulls through. xP

Edit:// btw, here's a thread I made for rescues if you want to see all of mine <3
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=163657

Last edited by Tonksy; 04-26-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #34 
veggiegirl

I checked out your thread, they are all so beautiful I am glad that you rescued them, they have a second chance now....something all animals deserve
Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #35 
Tonksy

That's what I say! I love all the gorgeous looking ones out there, but the ones who are left behind are the ones I like to rescue. As example, my boy Azul was shoved in the very back and left in a dirty cup because he has deformities on his fins. (extra growth, odd shape, etc) the store even marked him down to get rid of him but no one would take him. Took him home and he's the spunkiest, brightest colored, happiest betta on the planet.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #36 
veggiegirl

Great to hear! I really think that the bright pretty coloured ones are likely to get a home anyway so I am glad that you rescue the ones that most people wouldn't even look at, they are in need the most and still have awesome personalities even if they do lack in colour etc. Besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think all bettas are beautiful really. Only reason I try to stick to more unusual colours is because if I didn't I would likely have 500 bettas by now!!!!!!!!!!!! no self control I tell you
Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #37 
Tonksy

Bahaha! xD
It's the addiction. Bettas must have some sort of hypnotism telling you to get more of them.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #38 
Nibblez

Is Jodi-lea a local seller of bettas? All this talk about amazing bettas from her makes me want to check it out.
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #39 
veggiegirl

Jodi-Lea is Australia's transhipper, she is located in Brisbane and will ship bettas to you.