Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #11 
wish4coner

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
I really want to see those parents. PICS PLEASE!!!!
LOL--If I hadn't dropped the phone, which now is dead as a doornail, we would have had some. Until I get another one, gotta wait. :) Hopefully, soon. Of course, I had the phone that cost more than others. And, work is on my case as, they pay my data plan. lol
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #12 
wish4coner

April 26--First night with no light. Spawn still active. Added small snails (pin sized) last night to help with "clean up". Began feeding microworms and no longer feeding any other foods. Am very pleased with microworms and, how easy it is to feed, as well as less mess. They seem to be doing well with it and, it doesn't scare them away like the medicine dropper does. Used cotton swab and ran microworms on all sides of tub. Temp is still 82 and staying constant. Fry are very active and curious.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #13 
wish4coner

Day 7--April 27p

I cannot believe it's been a week. I opened the bin this morning and, all fry are now white and easy to see. Low and behold, there is a lot more than 15! I will guestimate from 20-30. They are very active and did well with no light on last night.

Fed Microworms, 4 times today. They seem to eat very well and go right for the "cloud" that forms after I put the qtip in.

Used an air house, attached to a turkey baster, to suck out bottom of tank from the previous try on the Instant BBS. Added a tiny bit of conditioned water to tank, and another snail to clean up what I couldn't get out of the tank. They are very tiny still and I do not want to disturb them too much as, they seem to be growing and swimming well.

Tank still at 82 degrees without fluctuation.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #14 
wish4coner

Parents of this spawn

Name:  female1stbatch.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  84.1 KB
Name:  malefirstbatchrosetail.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  39.2 KB
Old 04-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #15 
Jayloo

Pretty parents
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #16 
wish4coner

Day 8-April 27, 2013

Fry getting more active and growing. Fed Microworms for first feeding. Added a bit of water to go over the sponge filter as, they seem to be congregating there in small groups and, afraid they will get above the water line. They are all very active and doing well.

Still unable to count how many but, there are more than ever expected.

Second Betta male and female introduced last night. This is Red and White HM with all red (small white trim around finnage). He is already building a bubble nest in his tank so, second spawn may begin this weekend.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #17 
crowntaillove3

This is great for your first try! I wish I was able to breed bettas. Someday! (aka I will never get it done)
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #18 
wish4coner

Day 8-April 28, 2013--12am

Fry able to be counted, once I put in the last feeding of MW. There were 38. I could be off by a couple as, some are now swimming under the water and able to follow the food that floats to the bottom. Snails doing a lot of cleaning so, not need to clean bottom tonight. Attached new control valve and limited some of the air going in. Also ordered new sponge filters and t valves from ebay.

About to start spawn log for Male and Female, just purchased from Ebay (red and white). They have been introduced into second spawning tank.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #19 
TheCrabbyTabby

What a lovely white rosetail male you've got there. I love white bettas, and rosetails, so a white rosetail is like, a jackpot for me!

Oh, and the female is lovely too!!
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #20 
wish4coner

April 28, 2013 10:30p

Checked on fry at 10 a and noticed water felt cold. Checked cords and the heater plug had come out--possibly pulled out by accident when attaching new air pump. Went into total panic, replugged in heater and prayed. :)

At that time, only a handful of spawn could be seen at the top. However, adjustable heater responds quickly and, within an hour, the tank temp went from 76-82 degrees. Checked on fry. All can be seen now, and must have been hiding at the bottom when first opened, for warmth. Fed microworms and all were actively going for the meal. Thanked God! :)

Fry fed 4 times today and very active. They are moving about, top and bottom and all over tank. Used turkey baster with small airline hose attached, to take some bottom "ick" out. Snails doing the rest. Added a small amount of Primed water, room temp (80 degree) and adjusted air flow through pump.

Last check at 10:30p, with last feeding. All doing well and still no signs of loss. :) We are now on week 2 :)