Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #241 
deesseau

Thank you ! but it is the last time i use white sand !
deesseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #242 
BettaGurl79

Very helpful !! I made my first baffle last night with the help of this Post. My Betta, Flotsom is enjoying the softer current exploring the parts of the tank he couldn't swim before the baffle. Thanks again!!
BettaGurl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #243 
rachelq

how would you guys baffle the filter in an evolve2?
rachelq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #244 
jadaBlu

I posted a question about this as well. I have a closed filter already with a sponge on the intake, and I put one inside the filter. I raised the water level which I consider to be too high. It doesn't look like a baffle would work in this case. This is someone's youtube video of my filter:

http://youtu.be/Ofl1z_zGrvM

If anyone knows any other trick let me know.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #245 
Aurie

I have an Aqueon quietflow 30 on my 10 gallon and I"m missing it's hood and blue piece (the part after the filter holder..) .. I haven't done the waterbottle trick but I put on a Fluval pre filter sponge on the intake and on the spill out since it's a nice long flat piece I put a Aquaclear sponge cut in half so it's still the same height .. and stuck it on the outflow and my hood holds it in place. Needless to say my betta loves it and also so does my dwarf water lettuce. It stays perfectly in place now!
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #246 
deesseau

Picture of my baffle

Hi Aurie; this is a picture of my water bottle baffle. My dynaflo filter is rather small
Attached Images

deesseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #247 
Aurie

Ah it looked bigger. I figured out that a Pepsi bottle is flat like that in the middle too. I tried it and water went all over my glass top so I am sticking with my sponge in the outflow
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #248 
jadaBlu

I wanted comment on how to make this safer for the fish and human fingers. The edges could be sharp. So I suggest slicing air tubing on one side pushing it onto the edges of the baffle so it's covering the the sharp edges.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #249 
CrazyDiamond

I had a pantyhose baffle on mine but I noticed after a while there was a cloudy film gathering around it, I guess because after a while all the crud from the water gathers on it, it was gross and I threw it away. Just used my only water bottle to make another baffle and it's awesome. Didn't need tape or string or anything to hold it on either, it just stays there lol There is still a bit of a current but this seems much more sanitary and is far less of an eyesore than the pantyhose was.

As jadaBlue mentioned the edges were a little ragged and jagged from the scissor cut and I was worried about my little guy's fins so I used a lighter to melt the edges and it's much safer now. But be careful if you do it this way, of course there is fire involved so be careful anyways, but if you hold the plastic too close to the flame it curls, just hold it to the edge of the flame to melt the very edge of the plastic. And be sure to melt all the edges that will be in the water, so every edge but the one on the top sticking out of the water lol

Last edited by CrazyDiamond; 03-22-2013 at 07:57 PM.
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #250 
Kupo27

Made this for my tank last night! Thanks so much for posting this :) it was very helpful
Kupo27 is offline   Reply With Quote