Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #1 
dramaqueen
Banned

Two new bettas...YAY!!

I got 2 new bettas 3 days ago and I am totally in love with both of them!! I got them at Petsmart and one is a blue female and the other is a rust colored crowntail male. Both are really tiny, the smallest I've seen at Petsmart in a long time.The female has a little trouble eating pellets so I got her some micro pellets to eat until she grows a little more. The male was flaring like crazy a little while ago, at another one of my males. They are both very active. The female is in a gallon container and the male is in a 2 1/2 gallon and I'll be putting a heater in his this weekend.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #2 
bigali

Souds great looking forward to seeing some pics soon!
bigali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #3 
Twistersmom

Yay! Congrats on the new bettas!
Twistersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #4 
Campbell

Congrats!

Any name ideas yet? I would absolutely love a crowntail... maybe this weekend I will stumble upon one. Haha. What is your total up to now?
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bigali, I don't have a camera so I can't post pics. My total is up to six! lol I have a friend who lives in Indiana and she said that if she comes across a halfmoon, she'll get one for me. So maybe someday it will be seven. As far as names go, I was thinking of either Bluebell or Blue Bonnet for the female and Rusty for the male, since he's a rusty color.The color may change as he gets older. He's so tiny and cute! I was just going to get the female then I saw him and decided I couldm't resist.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-23-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #6 
fishyinpa

oooh congrats!! i saw some sad females at walmart...so tempted to get one but resisted...
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Its hard to say no. lol I saw 2 at another store that I would have loved to get but they were veiltails and I wanted a female first, then a crowntail. I couldn't resist the crowntail. He's so little and cute!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #8 
MarieBettaMom

Congrats on the 2 new additions to your family. I saw a couple of Crown Tails at PetSmart (when we got George from there 2 days ago), they are pretty. I didn't see a Half Moon Tail there, I guess those are harder to come by; I saw a photo of one somewhere and they're gorgeous!
MarieBettaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:46 AM   #9 
Elisew

They sound gorgeous dramaqueen!!

Blue bonnet is a lovely name and Rusty is obviously so appropriate 8)

I`ve just ordered a tank divider so will hopefully be getting another one soon too ( I dare anyone to say I`m addicted)

Lise x
Elisew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, Petsmart doesn't have halfmoons. I don't understand because Petco has them and you'd think that Petsmart would want to keep up with them.You"re addicted Elise! lol We all are. :) I love my bettas so much. They bring me a lot of joy and they are always doing the cutest things. I'm leaning towards calling my female Blue Bonnet. :)