Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #1 
bniebetta

Question Please Help me release my sorority :)

Tomorrow is the day that quarantine is FINALLY over. The girls are all currently in separate QT containers that are all next to each other and the main tank. Tomorrow I am going to go to my LFS and pick up some bags to float them in, but if that fails then I plan to go to the dollar store for some tiny glass bowls for the job. I am planning on letting them float for a few hours, but I don't really know where to go from there... I read everything I could find and there is varying advice. The only thing I know for sure is that they need to go in the tank from least aggressive to most aggressive.

I have 9 girls. One is a giant, who is not necessarily aggressive by nature but can be. The smallest is a very young CT. I want this to go as smoothly as possible, so if you could help me answer the following I would really appreciate it.

At what intervals and in groups of how many do I release the girls?
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #2 
registereduser

ziplock bags should do the trick for floating them. Personally I would just let them all go together. Watch for a day or 2. Remove any you think aren't getting along. There will be fights and flaring. Don't panic. They'll get over it.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #3 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniebetta View Post
Tomorrow is the day that quarantine is FINALLY over. The girls are all currently in separate QT containers that are all next to each other and the main tank. Tomorrow I am going to go to my LFS and pick up some bags to float them in, but if that fails then I plan to go to the dollar store for some tiny glass bowls for the job. I am planning on letting them float for a few hours, but I don't really know where to go from there... I read everything I could find and there is varying advice. The only thing I know for sure is that they need to go in the tank from least aggressive to most aggressive.

I have 9 girls. One is a giant, who is not necessarily aggressive by nature but can be. The smallest is a very young CT. I want this to go as smoothly as possible, so if you could help me answer the following I would really appreciate it.

At what intervals and in groups of how many do I release the girls?
Although I'm not sure how you should I know that I started off with my current 3 and I put my girl who was in a cycled 5 gallon first and let her float for an hour and then added her and gave her an hour to get use to it and then I let my other two in and let them start about an hour and a half then released them. I then got two more girls a few days later and added them in. I didn't know about least to most or what not I just let them go lol I would say let your smaller one go first possibly so she can get use to the tank. But I know one of my small girls that I got a few days after I started was kind of beating up on my two big girls! So I'd say good luck and do when seems right :)
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote