Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #81 
Elisew

Unfortunately I found my pleco dead and half eaten this morning

I decided to go to the LFS to get another one after I`d tested the tank water to make sure all was ok, but.......

I ended up buying another Betta, a new tank for him, blue gravel, a heater, a small fluval filter, new plants and a bridge!! So much for coming home with just another pleco

I`ve decided to call my new boy Lamai, Siamese for `Soft` (I pinched it from here: 20000-NAMES.COM: Female Thai Names, Siamese Names, Page 1 of 1--meaning, origin, etymology) I know it`s a female name but it seems apt for the way Lamai moves and it`s an anagram of my husbands name too!

Anyway, here`s a picture of Lamais` new home

Elisew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #82 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice tank!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #83 
Arpegius

Hi Everyone!!!!

Nice homes for your dudes!!!! I hope to post my two tank as soon as I can !!!

Bytes
Arpegius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:41 AM   #84 
Sarkazmo

Talking

A couple updated pics of my tank and betta. His name WAS "Yurei" but I decided to change it to "Sancho" (from the movie Orgasmo.) His tank mate the Ghost Shrimp died early yesterday. But Sancho's gotta friend in an African Dwarf Frog we've named "Freddy".

The hair grass in the pot was delivered nearly dead (first ebay seller that I've had trouble with) so I'm trying to bring it back to life. Early next month I'll be adding Eco-Complete plant substrate. I think I am going to swap to a Coralife 10W 6700k CFL. I'd decided not to but I've changed my mind again, heh.

Sark

Sarkazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:23 AM   #85 
Campbell

Very nice, Sark. I like the natural look of it. The fish is very cute too.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #86 
birthdaybetta

This is my first betta, Bubbles, in his humble first home. Does moving their tank accessories around drive them crazy? Mine hasn't stopped pushing stuff around since I last changed his water and moved his accessories around; he's moving around very rapidly at times, and his bubble nest is getting bigger.
birthdaybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #87 
crowntail lover

In my crowntails bowl he has rocks and a plant growing to provide oxygen. Is that a proper home?
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #88 
dramaqueen
Banned

What size bowl?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #89 
Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntail lover View Post
In my crowntails bowl he has rocks and a plant growing to provide oxygen. Is that a proper home?
I don't mean to answer for birthdaybetta, but I read in another one of their posts that they will be getting a larger tank as soon as possible. I believe that was what they said anyway...
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #90 
MarieBettaMom

I have really enjoyed looking at all the photos here and seeing how everyone has their Bettas set up in their homes.

Chicklet, I am trying to imagine what your house looks like! Wow!
MarieBettaMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank