Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2009, 07:29 AM   #1 
back88u

Unhappy My Betsy!

A long time ago in 2007, my Betta Betsy had her boyfriend named George. But sadly George died. Then she started to beat up my other fish and killed one so we had to move her! What was wrong with her?
back88u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Males and females shouldn't be housed together except for spawning only. They are too aggressive.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #3 
Chicklet

Betsy probably killed her boyfriend named George, When you wasn't looking,
For the lack of george to beat up on she then turned her attention to your other fish,

Females can be far more aggressive then males in many instances.

I was at Walmart just the other day, A lady was there with her small son and I heard them say to the lady they'd take that male, Then I heard them mention a friend, a female was settled on, I couldn't resist, I stepped up and stated talking, There son had a small bowl and the lady there actually told them it was safe to add a female, Well I kinda unloaded on them just how wrong they were, The mumma quickly set the female back and thanked me, The attending walmart employee kept saying "thats not what we are told" I point blank said. "Well you were told wrong and if you cared about these fish you'd do some of your own research before you mis guided yet another innocent child into seeing their fishy die needlessly!,

Fishy dead, What happened mummy?
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good for you, Chicklet! I hate it when petstore people tell customers that its ok to put a male and female together. People think bettas are like any other fish and you can just throw them together and forget about it. It would be sad for a little kid to wake up to a dead fish because one killed the other. And people don't realize that female bettas can be as aggressive as the males and can beat the daylights out of males or other females.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote