Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 AM   #1 
Kaxen

Betta splashing a lot?

Henry doesn't really have a history of trying to jump or anything, but tonight he's been making tons of noise splashing around, like several times in the past two hours-ish. I thought he was done because he quit around 11:00, but he just splashed again at 11:50 and 12:05.

The tank light has been off most of this time since I turn off the light at 10:00 but I have been turning it on to see if he's okay or not on the off chance he is trying to get on the other side of the divider, though I can't imagine why. Addie is female, but every time they make eye contact through the mesh wall, Addie flares enough to scare Henry away. He almost always backs off first when they're staring at each other. They ignore each other 95% of the time.

The most recent change to the tank is the addition of red cherry shrimp, which Henry has been with since Saturday morning. But Henry didn't make such a fuss about the first night with shrimp. Henry hasn't shown very much interest in eating the shrimp unlike Addie who tried to bite them immediately. The shrimp aren't particularly scared of Henry. The shrimp touch him with their antennae and stuff. One even swam towards Henry to sit on the leaf hammock while Henry was using it.

I am not sure if they're annoying Henry while he's sleeping and making him get a jolt or what Henry's problem tonight is.
Kaxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #2 
Kaxen

He splashed again around 3:00am and woke me up at 9:00 splashing and did it against just now. Caught him doing it the most recent instance, but it doesn't seem like the shrimp were causing it.

So now I'm not perfectly sure why he is jumping. He is jumping in about the middle of his area, so I assume he's not trying to jump the divider.

If he's attacking the lightbulb, that would be sort of odd because the light bulb has been there for a while.

And checked the lid for anything that looked like food since one of the only other times he tried jumping was when his food got stuck on a ledge instead of falling into the water.

So now I'm kind of stumped.
Kaxen is offline   Reply With Quote