Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2009, 09:06 AM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'll try that. Thanks, Chicklet.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #12 
Kim

The stealths don't have an indicator light, but they are super accurate and keep my tanks spot on. One of my guys actually sleeps between the wall of the tank and the heater resting on the suction cup so I don't think there's any danger of scorching. I always rinse anything before I put it in the tank.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a whisper tetra mini heater for one of my critter keepers and can't find an indicator light.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #14 
MarieBettaMom

Chicklet: I just noticed that your Betta count has dropped considerably. It was 100+ the last time I looked (yesterday). How did you downsize so quickly? Do you miss them yet?

I placed my hand in the tank to feel the heater, it's actually not HOT hot to the touch. And George has swam close to it, no probs.

DramaQueen: How large is the Whisper Tetra Mini Heater?

My Marineland VisiTherm Stealth Heater seems large in my tank. I had to move the taller plant which George liked to rest on. And I think he is not happy with the way I have arranged it. I've moved it a few times, and the current coming out of the filter seems a bit too strong for his liking.

George seems to like resting on a "V" section formed by the branches of the plant, which is high up close to the water surface. Unfortunately, this is also close to the filter water output. The plant used to be near the water output before the heater was intrudoced, but somehow the previous placement made that plant section "calm" enough for him to rest on.

I don't see any way to make adjustments to the filter settings. ??? It's a Marineland Eclipse.

So the water output is on the upper right side. The water intake is on the bottom left side. He doesn't seem to like that bottom left side too much either, because he can feel it sucking up the water.

I've been turning on the filter during the daytime. Then I turn it off in the evening so he can have some peace and quiet while he is sleeping.
MarieBettaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

MarieBettaMom, its the 2-15 gallon tetra whisper heater.