Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #11 
Adnamac

So the little girl seems to be a bit less bloated today! This is a really good thing. She's still rather active, but still floating at top and having a hard time staying upright. I took a short video on my phone I'm going to try to uplaod to show how she's moving. Her tail isn't side to side propelling her, she's more moving it in a circular motion, sort of like a boat propeller? Not sure if it's because of her floating issues right now, or something else?

Also after giving her epsom salt she DID poo last night (hence her less bloated-ness), but since I changed the water this morning I haven't seen anything new in her tank. It does look like she's trying to pass something, though.

Is it an internal parasite? Should I be doing something more the epsom salt at the moment?
Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #12 
Adnamac

So she's still floating near the surface, but her color is good and she's still pretty active. When she's not doing some surface swimming she wedges herself between the tank wall and the thermometor to keep herself upright (smart girlie!)

I've changed her water and, hoping if its a parasite to help her defeat it, added a bit of general cure to the water.

If it's not a parasite, will this hurt her?

Also, she has not eaten anything since I got her (for the first time I tried half a pellet this morning) and she just ignores it. Still haven't seen any poo. The white spot is still there on her underside as pictured above.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #13 
Corsica

The white spot is supposed to be there! It is her "egg spot". Have you given her any thawed daphnia?
Corsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #14 
LittleBlueFishlets

+1 on the egg spot. It's completely normal!

How is she doing?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #15 
Adnamac

Ah! And now I know, so when I get more pretty girls it won't even be a question! As for how she is....

Feeling much, much better...and much more colorful! Still a bit bloaty.

I did not get the daphnia, though I do plan on it in the very near future. I did have her in some of the general cure before I finding your comment on it being her egg spot.

She says thank you. :) Now I just need a name for her. And to work on getting the boy I picked up with her feeling better now. D; Hopefully I have as much success!

One more picture, because she's pretty, and because it shows her pretty purple a bit better!

Last edited by Adnamac; 04-29-2013 at 07:15 PM.