Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #31 
Mew15845

Thanks the main reason I was concerned about was safely moving alucard out of the tank for cleaning with out stressing him out. The other day part of his bubble nest was heart shaped. :3
Mew15845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #32 
Chesh

Hey, Mew! My betta was in a 3g tank for some time before I upgraded him. I know it's very common for Beta keepers to cup their fish for cleaning, but my experience is with other types of freshwater fish - so it never occurred to me to do things this way. I always did partial water changes on his tank, just like all of my other, larger tanks - leaving the fish in his home during cleaning. Is this something that you could maybe try? I'm sorry, I can't really help with any feeding issues. Just don't have the experience over my one little man! :)

It looks like you've gotten lots of thoughts from other members on this thread - a lot to consider! Just want to remind everyone to be respectful of the thoughts and opinions of others, and keep in mind that we all come from different situations, and do things in different ways. . . I love to see everyone sharing opinions and advice, just remember to keep it kind. We're all trying to help a fellow fish-keeper out! ^__^

Last edited by Chesh; 04-29-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #33 
dramaqueen
Banned

Also, a reminder. We aren't here to judge other people's financial situation so please refrain from making comments about that kind of stuff.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

Mew, I'm sorry I accidentally deleted a post of yours.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #35 
Sakura8

Hi Mew.

Thank you for being patient with everyone. Like others, I have some concerns about feeding earthworms. You are right that wild bettas eat worms but they don't usually eat earthworm. They eat bloodworms, daphnia, cyclops, and mosquito larvae.

Where are you getting these worms? If they come from your yard, then unfortunately they do run the risk of having contaminants in them such as weed killer and bug spray. This could kill your betta without you even meaning to. I just wanted to make sure you're aware of this risk.

If you need some good quality food, please let me know. I would be happy to send you some. Just PM me.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #36 
Mar

Sorry if my posts were offensive, I didn't mean them to be. I'm just concerned for the betta's welfare.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #37 
10asartin

I don't think it was you Mar. I think it was my comment, and I apologize if it wasn't appropriate.
10asartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #38 
Sakura8

Whatever was done I think was on accident.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote