Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #31 
crowntaillove3

Everything about this is true. At my school, we have one betta in a 1 gallon bowl with two golden mystery snails. He is miserable, and he has a heater right next to the tank next to an outlet. Is it plugged in? No. Is it in his tank? No. Does he get a water change more than once every two weeks? No. Is he WAAAAAY more unhappy than Maytes' fish in a tank one third of his size? Yes. Do I tell his caretakers that he needs more maintenance? Yes. Do they listen to me? No. Do they get ticked off when I change his water when they don't know it? Yes.
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #32 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I don't hate anyone who keeps them in bowls. IMO it's only bad when they don't receive proper care in that bowl. Would I recommend bowls? No. That's because even forgetting one water change can get risky. And i hate how it distorts them but thats just me lol. A betta would be happier in a 80* planted one gallon then a bare, cold five gallon IMO/IME.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:33 AM   #33 
Emmalee01

I like Betta in bowls (properly heated with reg water changes of course!) MattsBettas, part of the reason I like Betta in bowls is the way it distorts them- they loo HUGE sometimes, and tiny other times, and sometimes you can't see them at all which I find entertaining (but can see why its not everyones cup of tea lol)
Heres my three: (I've been posting these all over the place today- sorry if its annoying!)
Emmalee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #34 
wish4coner

Now, those are beautiful! What kind of light is that? I have a lamp by the bettas for night time, when I am doing their last feeding. It's a paint.

Mine have a plant, a heater, some substrate and daily changes/waste removal, as well as IAL in them. I gotta say--when I can find the right shelf, they are gonna look awesome! I am going to buying some more plants when I get paid.

I just love those...and roomy too!
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #35 
Emmalee01

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish4coner View Post
Now, those are beautiful! What kind of light is that? I have a lamp by the bettas for night time, when I am doing their last feeding. It's a paint.

Mine have a plant, a heater, some substrate and daily changes/waste removal, as well as IAL in them. I gotta say--when I can find the right shelf, they are gonna look awesome! I am going to buying some more plants when I get paid.

I just love those...and roomy too!
Thanks! They are LED clip on lights from a Chinese company called LEO aquariums (www.leoaquarium.com/) I'm from NZ and bought them at a local pet shop, so I'm not sure if they are available elsewhere (haven't seen them on line anywhere else either) They are really bright though, and seem to do the trick with the plants I am growing
Emmalee01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, betta, i am a fish, plakat, popcorn is the best, sale, veiltail betta