Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #1 
Roemgie

I want to rescue but I need homes, interested?

Hey guys!

So I was just thinking about all these bettas and other guys who need homes badly! I have the room to take in a few bettas (other fish would be harder and bettas are a lot less taken care of).

Anywho I have looked into shipping bettas and I am actually willing to do so, which of course make it easier to find new homes for the bettas that I would take in.

Here is the link to ultimatebettas.com where i posted some pictures http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=67063 . Please let me know if you would be interested in adopting bettas from me that look about like those do. I took those pictures about 2 months ago so there are newer types of bettas but in 2 weeks I'll be home for a week and I will take pictures of the bettas that are there that need to go home with me and if you're interested I will adopt them and mail them when they are healthier.
Depending on their exact cost I believe I would only charge for shipping. If they're expensive I may charge 5 dollars extra just so I don't lose too much.

If anything I can always aquabid them, of course I would sell them as rescues and I cannot recommend them for breeding since I don't know of their descent.
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #2 
Mar

Thanks a lot for rescuing these bettas :) It's people like you!

I hope you find proper homes for these bettas, so make sure to really
quiz the person you're selling to!

Please continue what you're doing!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #3 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Thanks a lot for rescuing these bettas :) It's people like you!

I hope you find proper homes for these bettas, so make sure to really
quiz the person you're selling to!

Please continue what you're doing!
Thank you :) although I hate to admit the ones are buy aren't true rescues but they still need good homes!

And I hope I will find some homes as well!!

If you are ever interested please let me know! :)
Old 04-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #4 
Mar

I would be, but you live in Georgia :(
I'm Canadian so shipping would be a near impossible hassle!

Thank you for the offer though!
If you can, maybe post some pics directly on here and that will get some more people interested? :)
Also, Betta Fish Classifieds is where the fish selling takes place, so you have more luck giving away your fishies there
Old 04-29-2013, 12:39 AM   #5 
Roemgie

Quote:
I would be, but you live in Georgia :(
I'm Canadian so shipping would be a near impossible hassle!

Thank you for the offer though!
If you can, maybe post some pics directly on here and that will get some more people interested? :)
Also, Betta Fish Classifieds is where the fish selling takes place, so you have more luck giving away your fishies there
Of course! lol always my luck when I'm looking for homes!

And I currently don't have any but in about two weeks I may possibly have a little guy or two looking for homes so I will defiantly keep that in mind if or when I get them and post pictures.

Thank you so much!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 AM   #6 
Mar

i know other people said you're not rescuing them unless they're in bad shape, discounted, been there for a while, etc, but I think you taking them in and giving them a good home and giving them to people that can take proper care of them is better than what misinformed people do, which is stuff them in a cold jar.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #7 
Roemgie

Quote:
i know other people said you're not rescuing them unless they're in bad shape, discounted, been there for a while, etc, but I think you taking them in and giving them a good home and giving them to people that can take proper care of them is better than what misinformed people do, which is stuff them in a cold jar.
Yeah and even if I am supporting petco and petsmart even if I stopped it wouldn't stop. Walmart on the other hand can be stopped and is moving slow but I believe we're almost there! But no matter what buying from aquabid.com is almost the same thing since they are 'mass produced' left in tiny containers but instead of being decorations they go into breeding (sometimes) and or become decorations all around the world. I guess aquabid.com is better though since they are living in their natural climate even if they're in tiny containers.

And if we all stood back and said 'Im not buying from petco or petsmart' there would be those other people who aren't on our side that would still be buying them so at least as far as pet stores go, I think buying from them is better than walmart.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #8 
Mar

and there's people that only have access to local pet stores, and can't order on aquabid. Also the people that are unaware of proper Betta care, which is the majority usually
Old 04-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #9 
Roemgie

Quote:
and there's people that only have access to local pet stores, and can't order on aquabid. Also the people that are unaware of proper Betta care, which is the majority usually
Yeah or those who do not want to take the risk of using aquabid. And I feel that a lot of the works are unaware of how to care for them as well!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #10 
lovefordebbie
Banned

i just got a new betta. i rescued it from petsmart! i was lonely, and i figured one could use a good home. the sad thing was... it was one of the only ones left living... :'(
lovefordebbie is offline   Reply With Quote