Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #1 
bettafishgirl

Angry Its hurts my heart becuase its my fault :(

So I was in Petco the other day, just CHECKING OUT the bettas. (it starts like that doesn't it lol) when a cute little boy and his mother walked over. The boy was looking at the females, which was a few shelves over. He frowned as he read the cups. "I want a boy." so I directed him over to the handsome males they had. They where pretty healthy, and actually I have to give petco some credit for upgrading their cup size, creating the air hole bigger and providing more "insolation". They also have a sign now, saying that the cups where NOT permanent homes for your betta.

Pleased, I watched the boy and his mother pick a beautiful EE. I smiled, "He's pretty." the boy replied, "Yes. Look at his little house!"...

it was the smallest tank I had ever seen. It was basically the size of the cup already, and all I coud say was "That's a little small..." and he nodded and walked away.

What should I have done???
bettafishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I would have politely talked to the mom, informed her about proper care, and even direct her to this site.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

Honestly, I think it is up to people to educate themselves on proper animal care. I never both correcting people when I hear them spouting misinformation because most of the time these people do not want to learn and there is no point in wasting my breath.

Don't blame yourself that you said nothing. Many adults (particularly parents) are not going to stand around and be spoken to by someone not employed at the store.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote