Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #11 
Lodie

I agree, he is not worth $500, but what fish really is? My first and truest passions are saltwater fish/tanks and so I'm used to paying considerably higher prices for my critters but this is just crazy.

But, I need a black betta and an EE to complete my betta collection, I'm trying to have one of every type and color. And, although there may be nicer fish on Aquabid for less, this fish is exactly what I want and am looking for. I just hope to find a cheaper one someday.
Lodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #12 
registereduser

I almost got a black delta at Petco last weekend, he was black with no blue at all! But I had just bought Magnum a few weeks earlier so I went for the green. I'm not sure Magnum can be considered black or even a black orchid, but I think he is pretty spectacular for a Petco fish!

If you check the big box stores on the day of or after a shipment you can get first pick and they do get more and more variety as time goes by. FOR CHEAP!
Shipments are usually every week on the same day, ask the associates.

MAGNUM:

Last edited by registereduser; 12-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #13 
Lodie

Wow! Magnum is one beautiful fish! You are very lucky. My local stores get their shipments in on Thursdays. That's how I got my yellow HM. I've yet to see an EE or a black betta, though. But I keep trying, week after week. Right now I have forbidden myself to go to any stores that sell betas. I need to stop collecting and focus on enjoying the fish I already have. I quit smoking, I can beat this addiction, too!
Lodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #14 
ShukiAi

Whoa... Magnum is gorgeous! I've gotten two spectacular boys at Petsmart. I've been pretty surprised at the quality of betta my Petsmart has gotten. I love it! But it's so hard to resist sometimes! XD;;
ShukiAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #15 
isochronism

Lodie, quitting smoking is a walk in the park compared to quitting wanting more Bettas! HA
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #16 
isochronism

Congrats on the smoking thing, tho :)
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #17 
Rosewynn

Magnum is gorgeous.

PetCo has definitely stepped up on their bettas. I hear Petsmart is as well but not ours at the moment. I used to be SO close to buying fish on AB or needing to drive an hour to the only fish store where I could be lucky enough to hopefully find a Halfmoon or Delta because all I had access to locally were red or blue VTs or Crowns (Not ragging on them btw; heck I own a red VT right now lol but it's nice to have variety). Now it's rare for to me to go in PetCo and not find a fish I could see being sold on AB. It might not be 'show' quality but to my 'does it look pretty' amateur eye they look the same.
Rosewynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #18 
registereduser

Thanks for the Magnum luv! There is a black delta at Petco right now, if anyone wants him let me know!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #19 
ShukiAi

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Thanks for the Magnum luv! There is a black delta at Petco right now, if anyone wants him let me know!
Don't tempt me!!! XD
ShukiAi is offline   Reply With Quote