Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #21 
Uminofukami

O_O Oh lord, I see what you mean! I thought Hippo was going to have a heart attack when Remy started going into the dragon decoration we have since he can slither into the mouth but he gets out just fine. I'd have a heart attack too if he went INTO the filter.
Uminofukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #22 
sareena79

YEAH! hehheh :) like I said hopefully its just a phase...his moonrock cave glows in the dark so maybe once I go to bed he will become fascinated with THAT instead lol....heaven forbid he crawl into the thing I WANT him to be in, nooooo not Chum, hes gotta be a little rebel
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #23 
Uminofukami

He has arrived! :D And he is extremely camera shy XD Very bold since I put him in the tank and hanging a lot out in the front in the open but the second I go near him with a camera (not when I just go near him by myself though) he bolts.

But here are a few of him in his new home...still have no name for him yet, though. While he's active, he's not aggressive in the slightest. PeppermintHippo's is in the tank on the other side of the divider and he flares a *ton* at mine whereas mine just sort of ignores him and swims off. He's also smaller than our two other bettas. So not sure a dragon name would really fit him now XD

Old 05-01-2013, 02:34 AM   #24 
wish4coner

I have been drooling over at aquabid for a while. However, I don't understand the overseas shipping thing. I am petrified that I will end up with this huge shipping bill. If you understand how that works, do you mind letting me know? Or anyone? There are some gorgeous pairs up there :)
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #25 
wish4coner

PS--Absolutely stunning and the name fits perfectly.
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #26 
Uminofukami

It actually worked out quite easily, though we had it easier than some other people do. The price of the fish on aquabid does not include shipping but a lot of the time the shipping into the US is just 4 or 5 dollars from what I've seen. They are picked up from the airport of the trans-shipper closest to you (the person who deals with customs and actually checks the fish into the country). They then unpackage all the fish they're picking up, check them to ensure that they're alive and in good health and then package them up once more and ship them to you--from what I've gathered, this is where the majority of the shipping cost is.

We got lucky in that our closest trans-shipper lives a half hour from us, so rather than having her ship our new fish to us I was able to just go over to her home and help her sort out fish (she received 900 this time!) until we found ours. All we had to pay her was the cost of the import fees ($2 per fish in our case), and the boxes were very well organized in that her coordinator in Bangkok sets up a shipping list that tells her which seller's fish is in which box, so we only had to look in one box for each fish which made it much much easier.

And thanks! Still don't have a name for him though, lol