Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #21 
Darkicydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Yeah, they are a great store, they're only 2 1/2 months old so they pretty much need all the business they can get and they've definitely lured me in (unfortunately their equipment is too expensive so I won't be getting any of that there but their fish stock is great!)

I hope your store is good too! It's always great to see people actually taking care of their stock, can't wait to see if you find anything!! :D
Ah I understand that. Well the fish in your avatar is soooooioo beautiful I hope I find one like that. Pictures are always cool : ) I can't wait to see what is at mine I feel like the weekend is coming at a crawl haha. So tempted to just withdraw from the bank but I told myself I would just wait and use this paycheck haha. SO TOUGH.

Me too!!! Also, I suppose I'll probably just get the betta ( and snails hopefully) and use tetra safe start since no one has answered on the forum about my ammonia. I suppose it's better I just don't take the chance
Darkicydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #22 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ugg yeah, I literally have no will power left when going into a fish store, I HAVE to look at the bettas and I pretty much leave with one every time lol I'm at 15 right now....I should stop.....

The fish in my avatar (Rembrandt or Remmy) was actually from a place called PetSense it's a small chain around here but it's the only one I know of in RI. But basically it's a small version of PetSmart or Petco, but they just have Bettas for live fish. I had come in on a day they got a shipment and I saw him and I just had to take him home! I've had him since mid-December 2012 :D He's my oldest at the moment!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #23 
Darkicydevil

Quote:
Ugg yeah, I literally have no will power left when going into a fish store, I HAVE to look at the bettas and I pretty much leave with one every time lol I'm at 15 right now....I should stop.....

The fish in my avatar (Rembrandt or Remmy) was actually from a place called PetSense it's a small chain around here but it's the only one I know of in RI. But basically it's a small version of PetSmart or Petco, but they just have Bettas for live fish. I had come in on a day they got a shipment and I saw him and I just had to take him home! I've had him since mid-December 2012 :D He's my oldest at the moment!
Haha it would for sure be that way for me if not for me only having enough space in my room for one tank haha. Oh wow! I think I might have a pet sence in batesville! ( it's a hour away from where I live as well in the opposite direction I live between two bigger towns haha) were most of the fish there healthy looking? Was it ony bettas?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah it was only Betta's but the store is only about 6 months old so I'm not sure if other PetSense's have other fish or not but our's is only Bettas. Sometimes their stock is kind of sad looking but for the most part they have great Betta's, just no females which made me sad lol

Yeah I've got 5 planted tanks going at the moment and two of them are split in half. Tank cleaning day is always fun haha They are just so addicting!

I saw someone say once and I loved it: Betta's are like Pokemon, you've got to catch them all in all 20 different colors! lol I died when I saw that! It's so true!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #25 
Darkicydevil

Quote:
Yeah it was only Betta's but the store is only about 6 months old so I'm not sure if other PetSense's have other fish or not but our's is only Bettas. Sometimes their stock is kind of sad looking but for the most part they have great Betta's, just no females which made me sad lol

Yeah I've got 5 planted tanks going at the moment and two of them are split in half. Tank cleaning day is always fun haha They are just so addicting!

I saw someone say once and I loved it: Betta's are like Pokemon, you've got to catch them all in all 20 different colors! lol I died when I saw that! It's so true!
Oh that sounds good! I'm excited! I might be going to batesville with someone this Saturday, so I might be able to look! Maybe I should withdraw so I can get my fish on Saturday while I'm there... I mean, I can keep track of how much I spend... GAHHH i have bever had self control problems before this is a first haha

I wanted to do a planted tank, but I'm gonna have trouble keeping up with the water changes as it is much less plants. Haha. I have never had a planted tank before anyway. But I did get silk plants instead of plastic : )

OMG I love pokemon x3 I saw one betta somewhere on here that looked like a goldeen! I was like "I WANT THE GOLDEEN" haha
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #26 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha that's awesome about the goldeen!

Yeah...self control is just gone....oy vey >< lol

I love planted tanks, well at least tanks with live plants in them. An actually Natural Planted Tank or NPT has a soil base with usually a sand cap on it but it's fine to have gravel/sand and they do great with just a bit of fertilizer each week.

Plant's don't really help to clean the water, they just keep the Nitrates down to a healthy level for your fish, and of course they look great usually, can be shelter for your fish and they grow which means you can have more plants! But silk plants are good too, I still have some silk ones which I'm using in my baby's tanks while they grow and then they'll each move to their respective tanks when they are old enough. :D
Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #27 
Darkicydevil

Quote:
Haha that's awesome about the goldeen!

Yeah...self control is just gone....oy vey >< lol

I love planted tanks, well at least tanks with live plants in them. An actually Natural Planted Tank or NPT has a soil base with usually a sand cap on it but it's fine to have gravel/sand and they do great with just a bit of fertilizer each week.

Plant's don't really help to clean the water, they just keep the Nitrates down to a healthy level for your fish, and of course they look great usually, can be shelter for your fish and they grow which means you can have more plants! But silk plants are good too, I still have some silk ones which I'm using in my baby's tanks while they grow and then they'll each move to their respective tanks when they are old enough. :D

Awww I just called petco to ask if they have nerite snails and they only have inca and mystery snails. The customer service was terrible for all my questions though haha. It sounds like they have a bigger selection of bettas but they sounded like a huge chain that didn't care so much. I called petsense and they had me speak with a actual polite person and the selection wasnt as big sounded like but the bettas might be healthier.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #28 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh that's good, I always forget to call ahead sometimes >< lol well I don't like calling much in the first place but that's neither here nor there.

I would check them both out just to be sure anyway, sometimes you can find a diamond in the rough at places that don't care much, and sometimes they'll be mislabeled and you can get a more expensive one at a cheaper price! So IMHO it's always worth the look ^^
Old 05-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #29 
Darkicydevil

Quote:
Oh that's good, I always forget to call ahead sometimes >< lol well I don't like calling much in the first place but that's neither here nor there.

I would check them both out just to be sure anyway, sometimes you can find a diamond in the rough at places that don't care much, and sometimes they'll be mislabeled and you can get a more expensive one at a cheaper price! So IMHO it's always worth the look ^^

I plan on it. This saturday I have to go to batesville with my little brother to get my contacts and he needs glasses. I plan on looking at pet sense, and then later next week taking my mom to Petco so she can pick some fish. Then I will decide if I wanna get my Betta there too, or have to go to batesville another day to get it at petsense. Its very inconvenient that jonesboro is a hour and a half away and batesville is a hour. haha wish there was a local store.

Also, I am gonna have to order the snails online and I was thinking of ordering from the link you sent me. Do you think priority mail would be ok? I was thinking of getting a zebra nerite and a red spot nerite.

Also, I assume I should wait till safe start has run its course with just my betta in the tank before I get the snails. I shouldnt do any water changes while the TSS is going right? Unless the Ammonia gets too high haha
Old 05-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #30 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ammonia shouldn't get too high while using TSS, that's kind of the point of it, it keeps all the levels down to a tolerable level, but I think if you see they are getting too high than you can do a water change, I'll have to look that up though.

Yeah priority is fine! That's what my snails were sent from, I'm kind of cheap when it comes to shipping.....just remember to acclimate them all the same as you would a fish, the pH level will probably be different than theirs. I acclimated for half an hour and they were fine :)

Yeah that does suck there's no "local" store, we just had one of our locals start back up again this week after going out of business for a while back in February. So this makes 7 stores I can choose Betta's from lol, guess that's the good thing about living in a small state :D

Tags
10 gallon, 10 gallon tank stocking, nerite snail