Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #1 
Elliriyanna

Floating pellets that actually float?

I am feeding my betta's Omega One and about 90% of the time they sink. I need a quality food that actually floats especially since I am feeding the snails Omega one sinking kelp pellets and the betta's keep getting confused.
Elliriyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #2 
logisticsguy

Hikari Bio Gold is a good floater and a decent pellet. Not as good as nls betta or omega one but close enough.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #3 
shellieca
Reference Team

The Omega One should float for at least a little while, my bettas don't give it a chance to sink, they snatch it as soon as it hits the water. If I hold the pellet in my fingers too long it sinks faster or if I drop it from too high up. I feed NLS, some of the pellets float longer than others but again my bettas typically get most of the pellets before they sink. I don't think your Bettas are confused they're just little piggies. I can feed my bettas they're food then feed my snails algae wafers or veggies & the bettas will munch on them, that's just what they do. I've quit fighting it other than to not feed the snails more than 2-3 times a week. This, I believe, makes the snails do their clean up job.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #4 
isochronism

I use the Omega One pellets for both my Bettas.
They will line up to eat and I drop one in front of them using a tweezer. They grab it in one second. My big Betta chews them out loud! Each feeding session takes like 15 seconds.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #5 
isochronism

Each Betta is in a separate tank. They are both very cooperative.
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #6 
Mashiro

Feed one pellet at a time. Don't drop the pellet from too high. Do something to get your betta's attention before dropping it in.
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #7 
Elliriyanna

I always have my Betta's attention before I put in the pellets I even have placed them in the water and they sink. I always feed in the same spot and both of mine are big eaters but with their food and the snail food sinking it does confuse them , Finn usually chases the snail food then he ignores it when he figures out what it is.
Elliriyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #8 
Polkadot

NLS pellets are great at floating,plus my little boys love them so much that they don't get time to sink.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #9 
Agent13
Reference Team

Hikari Bio gold are amazing at floating. I even soak them for a minute before I dump them in the tank and they float right back to the surface.
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote