Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #121 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I would leave him in epsom salts and maybe two or three more doses of General Cure. The scales are almost flat but not quite. I'd like to make sure they go completely down because if he has a relapse, it will be next to impossible to cure.

I'm really glad the little guy is doing so much better. I love the success stories. You've done a fabulous job with him, Rachelle.
Thanks!

I'll keep him in QT... it says that general cure is safe for use with plants.. but I'm not sure what it would do to the beneficial bacteria in the tank.

I'm so happy that he's gone this far! He looks the same today as he did yesterday as far as scales go... I'll keep him in for a few more doses.

:)
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #122 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Yay! So happy for you two! <3 and feel like a jerk for always spelling your name wrong! >.<
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #123 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxxXnoodleXxxX View Post
Yay! So happy for you two! <3 and feel like a jerk for always spelling your name wrong! >.<
I don't care! :)
Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #124 
rmarkham

He's been in the General Cure for 10 days.... is he getting better do you think???

Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #125 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

I'm no expert but to me the scales look a lot better. If I had to wager a guess he has parasites causing the dropsy, and the API is fighting off the parasites and thus the dropsy. How's his appetite and energy?
Old 05-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #126 
rmarkham

Quote:
I'm no expert but to me the scales look a lot better. If I had to wager a guess he has parasites causing the dropsy, and the API is fighting off the parasites and thus the dropsy. How's his appetite and energy?
It's about the same. He's had the same appetite as he did a few weeks ago when this mess started.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #127 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

So he's still nomming and still not just laying at the bottom of the tank on his side?

Last edited by XxxXnoodleXxxX; 05-01-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #128 
logisticsguy

Let me honest here. Very few betta make it back after pine coning. You are doing fantastic.

Cheering for you and this gives hope to other keepers with fish fighting dropsy.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #129 
Anime Fish

I'm glad your betta is doing well, he looks much better! I lost my betta when his scales looked like that...it's great your betta is nearly recovered from it :)
Anime Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #130 
rmarkham

Quote:
So he's still nomming and still not just laying at the bottom of the tank on his side?
Yeah! He's upright, he's not zipping around by any means.. but he's active enough! He's still colorful.. no where near where he was in my avatar.. but he's my little fighter :)

I just changed his water/drugs a little while ago.

:)