Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #11 
LaniBaby

thanks. at first, he was using them as safety's. He would lie on the one in the corner and poke at the sand, like a little raft. i saw him rubbing on the sand last night, though, so I guess he's getting used to it. But i think he still likes his stones since he's used to them.
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #12 
JingleAllTheWay

I really like that. The black makes everything look really cool.
JingleAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #13 
whitedevil

Hmmm not sure, I got mine from petsmart. only other places that had aquarium sand was salt specialty stores in my area.

cept its white, however caribsea.com says the marine sand( white) and TMS( black) are the same size large AND small grains.
whitedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #14 
LaniBaby

that's exactly the stuff i bought there in the photo. and you're right! The website does say same size. But the white one says good for soft bellied and the tahitian says not suitable for softbellied fish. But for me, looking at their photos it looks like a HUGE difference between the black and white grain size. And truly, they had 5 bags of the white (only one seemed to be leaking) and it was literally like flour powdery. I almost sneezed (marine sand.) Maybe if i see white in a larger grain somewhere, i'll get it. But everything i've seen it's super super fine. It's ok, tho. The little guy seems to like the tahitian just fine. :)
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #15 
Elisew

Looks really lovely LaniBaby! 8)

I popped in to see one of my friends yesterday and she also has the same in a small tank for her Lobster. I`d never really thought about using sand but after seeing your pics and my friends tank i might consider it in the future

Lise x
Elisew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #16 
whitedevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniBaby View Post
that's exactly the stuff i bought there in the photo. and you're right! The website does say same size. But the white one says good for soft bellied and the tahitian says not suitable for softbellied fish. But for me, looking at their photos it looks like a HUGE difference between the black and white grain size. And truly, they had 5 bags of the white (only one seemed to be leaking) and it was literally like flour powdery. I almost sneezed (marine sand.) Maybe if i see white in a larger grain somewhere, i'll get it. But everything i've seen it's super super fine. It's ok, tho. The little guy seems to like the tahitian just fine. :)
Its very good looking dont get me wrong im just trying to understand why they did this. Yes I should have known, white sand is is usually calcium and black is usually volcanic or metallic.

Check this out, has a real nice feature to it

AquariumSands.com
whitedevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tahitian moon sand