Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Is there anything to consider moving fish from Sterilite to 5 gallon unfiltered?

I'd like to move my fish I've been keeping in sterilite container to proper 5 gallon tanks. I can't see them as well as I'd like to now so I can monitor their health better in glass tanks. They are unfiltered now and will be if I move them. I might get some later. Heaters are provided. I am going to move all plants same gravel 3 feet away and just add 2.3 gallons of water. Since there's no sponge filters involved is there anything I need to be concerned about?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #2 
shellieca

I'd just treat it as if you're doing a 100% water change for them.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #3 
ANHEL123

how many fish you have? If it without filter you will need to some 100% water changes. And if there any sick fish you need to keep it separate and don't share anything between the sick fish and other bettas.
shellieca didn't see your response i am at work take me long time to write lol doing a lot of thing at one time

Last edited by ANHEL123; 05-01-2013 at 09:41 AM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #4 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
I'd like to move my fish I've been keeping in sterilite container to proper 5 gallon tanks. I can't see them as well as I'd like to now so I can monitor their health better in glass tanks. They are unfiltered now and will be if I move them. I might get some later. Heaters are provided. I am going to move all plants same gravel 3 feet away and just add 2.3 gallons of water. Since there's no sponge filters involved is there anything I need to be concerned about?
Yes Shellica's advise is good, ESP if you are only having 2.5g in the 5g tank for the time being. Still can't get away from 25% every other day or 50% mid week + 100% weekly WC without filter/plants. There are sponge filters using air pump but however u slice and dice it, $10 at least for a filter, or get $25 kit from Walmart with tank, lights and filter, better deal if u have $25 versus $10 set aside for beta.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #5 
jadaBlu

This probably going to get put off anyway while I try to help Nano. I do have 6 empty 5 gallons right now. However this the OFL guideline and why I am considering:
5-9gal without a filter
Once weekly 50% with vacuum-with 90-100% monthly

I can afford filters and will but I don't have them on hand. My future set up is shown in my album.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote