Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #631 
Syriiven

Definitely. I'm sorry to say, but sometimes when they're all crammed onto a shelf and all you see is BLUE or BLUE/RED it's hard to choose an individual fish. I sometimes spend a good half hour taking off every cup to give each a look over.

Althought that's not what happened with Phy, the vt that got me back into this. I walked i the store, and I saw the betta shelf and a shaft of sunlight was reflecting off a car in the parking lot all the way to the back of the store and was illuminating his cobalt blue body. And~ yup. PIcked him. And he was nothing but a headache sometimes, but I miss that fish. <3 He was a chronic tail-biter, danced to 'Telephone' by Lady Gaga, had a very fierce flare, and I was heartbroken when he left me suddenly back in December.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #632 
Syriiven

Been watching Acheron lately, and he has subtle vertical barring. Could be cuz of the koi marble gene. Could be he's submissive to his reflection. =/ Poor guy.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #633 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Aww does he have a female side? Lol
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #634 
Syriiven

I guess he's just not as butch as the rest, lol. I love him just the same, just wonder what goes on in his head.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #635 
Syriiven

Cool Overdue Fishie Spam!

Styxx, Tatsu, Eranikus, Ryuu, Slyph and ACheron.

Voljin and Toothless are on the mend, and kalec was not cooperating.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #636 
Syriiven

So today I change the sorority and small tanks (while also making ribs for dinner, thank the gods for wonderous creations as lnog island iced teas!) and then will be working on my first betta art in a while. Hoping it'll be a productive night :3

Unfortunately the 10g I had prepped for Falcor (SIP) still has a funky smell from residue and such, so considering stripping it down, doing a boiling water/aq salt rinse, and actually let it dry before doing a few more rinses. I'll prlly boil the gravel again. I'm going to soak the plants in a bucket of water to elt them eek out whatever they've absorbed then add them to the sorority. Then in time I'll re-make the 10g (hopefully the smell will be gone) and I'll fill it with silk plants.

My Uncle's goldfish died, so Nana's prlly going to wash that tank and send it on over to me - she was unsure on exactly how big it was, but compared it to my 5gallons, so this works out well, i think.

More on the bad news side, Vol'jin's dorsal looks stripped and is red at the base, I'm not really sure why he's having problem with fins. His parameters are good, he's not flaring as much since Nyx got rehomed...I have him on aq salt and stress coat, so hoping to see some good regrowth soon. Poor little guy =( Otherwise everyone's doing just fine.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #637 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Great pics! Your plan looks good but if you want to get the smell out of the gravel (it is epoxy coated, right?) then I wouldn't boil it... That will just release more.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #638 
Syriiven

Well it was already boiled, so....lol. I guess it's epoxy coated? Typical aquairum gravel? So....hm. Not sure what to do with it. And I hate that it's the dark pretty gravel givign me trouble.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #639 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

All your fish are great! Chibisaur now has his own half on of a ten gal to himself! Two snails and lots of plants keep him company. Simi is staying in the 5 gal with my girl and Mana is building bubble nests galore lol.
Attached Images

BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #640 
Syriiven

Excellent! PayDay is tomorrow, so how would you like me to send you the money? Paypal or money order? I just don't want to risk money in the mail.