Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #11 
sammies4787

Hey sorry to bother you all, but I was wondering, my swordtail, which I thought was a male swordtail had fry and now I was wondering if I could save them if there isn't a pet store open anywhere and I don't have a breeding box. help please! I am kinda desparate as you can tell. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by sammies4787; 05-08-2009 at 11:41 PM.
sammies4787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #12 
onekatietwo

Well, my fish ( I was originally just calling him 'Fish', which seemed to be a perfectly suitable name. But now I am thinking he might be more of a Raskolnikov) survived the trip and now he's just waiting to be released from his cup back into his tank. Unfortunately, it's taking HOURS to heat up. Poor guy.

I'm not sure if my shrimp all made it. One tried to commit suicide while I was taking him out of the tank. I rescued him but... who knows. Then, there was a rapid stop on the highway and my subwoofer cam crashing down on my dog, who jumped up, which made it then fall on the tub with the shimp in it. THe lid came off and some water sloshed out...

What a mess.

Also, the snail died sometime the day before yesterday. :( So he didn't make the trip.I hope everybody is alright.

And what will I do with this ****ing cat? My mom's cat is obsessing over the aquarium, even before the fish is in it. i'm a little worried...
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry about all the trouble you had. I hope everyone is alright. It may just take awhile for everyone to settle down after the trip. The cat probably smells the fish. Maybe everything will be ok after you get the tank all set up with the fish in it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #14 
sammies4787

Sorry for bothering you guys. Thanks for all the help
Old 05-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #15 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammies4787 View Post
Hey sorry to bother you all, but I was wondering, my swordtail, which I thought was a male swordtail had fry and now I was wondering if I could save them if there isn't a pet store open anywhere and I don't have a breeding box. help please! I am kinda desparate as you can tell. Thanks for any advice.
???

You might want to post a new thread for this so more people see it. You might also get better results if you're not in a Betta specific forum.
Anyway, sorry, I know zero about breeding and raising fry, so I can't offer any further help.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #16 
sammies4787

sorry I just am stressed out about them. I don't want them to die and I have posted a thread and left a message with a few people. Namely, Dramaqueen, but I think I am more of a dramaqueen because I just am too dramatic. Sorry.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #17 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammies4787 View Post
sorry I just am stressed out about them. I don't want them to die and I have posted a thread and left a message with a few people. Namely, Dramaqueen, but I think I am more of a dramaqueen because I just am too dramatic. Sorry.

Have you tried posting a thread here?
http://www.fishforum.com/livebearers/

I'm sure they could help you.

Are the babies still alive?
Old 05-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #18 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm sorry about all the trouble you had. I hope everyone is alright. It may just take awhile for everyone to settle down after the trip. The cat probably smells the fish. Maybe everything will be ok after you get the tank all set up with the fish in it.

Haha. Yep. You're right. I released him late last night and he appears to be back to normal and the cat hasn't done anything too evil yet (I keep the spray bottle near)

We had one more mishap where the tank over heated a bunch this morning (I forgot that my old house was way colder than my parent's house and i left the heater on the same setting.) but thankfully it's a 5 gallon tank and the changed happened slowly enough that my fish seemed to be fine. I'm cooling it down again now and I'm going to do over-frequent water changes for the next couple weeks since he might have been very stressed/weakened during this whole ordeal.

Thanks for help from all of you!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I understand stressing out over the fish. I'm stressing over the fact that I'm leaving mine for 2 weeks. :(
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #20 
millertime610

I'm having a slight algae problem which i am in the middle of remedying. The last time i pulled my gravel, i scrubbed it and sent my tank into a mini cycle but i washed it in regular tap water. Since i will be moving at the end of this week and i have to dismantle the tank anyhow, can i scrub the gravel somehow without killing the bacteria but getting all the algae out of there?
millertime610 is offline   Reply With Quote