Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #1 
AyalaCookiejar

Question Should I move my snail to my sorority tank? 0_0

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in lol because its actually a few questions.

I had an algae problem in my blind boys tank because he lets pellets fall and sometimes I can't find them, so I put a Nerite snail in that tank. Now I have a red cherry shrimp for that tank to hopefully clean up those fallen pellets.

Problem is, my Nerite snail quickly cleaned up all the algae available and I'm having issues getting more to grow for her to eat, lol. It's not planted because of the hood/lighting. However, my sorority tank is now fully planted and growing algae. My shrimp and snail are pretty active because my blind boy is, well, blind. He won't attack them.

Should I move my Nerite to my sorority tank after the lights go out? I'm afraid my girls will attack her but it is heavily planted.

If I should NOT move her, what should I feed her to make sure she's getting enough food?

Also, will sunken pellets be enough for the shrimp? I feed NLS and Omega One.

Thanks!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah sunken pellets will be fine for the shrimp, you can add in a tiny pinch of flakes from time to time too.

Snails in a sorority I find it depends on the personalities in the sorority. Also the size of the snail, my girls left my larger Rabbit Snails alone but they decimated my baby snails and all the smaller snails I had....which is sort of good...I no longer have a snail problem lol but they were fine with the bigger snails. So it just depends on how big yours is, I find anything bigger than 1/4 to 1/2 an inch is fine for my girls, but as I said it depends on yours.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #3 
AyalaCookiejar

She's a pretty good size... Definitely too big for them to actually eat her. I just don't want them trying to bite off her antennas. But if I move her, ill do it after my girls go to sleep and not in the middle of the day when they're all awake.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah that sounds good, they'll still be interested of course so I'd watch them the next day and if you see any aggression towards the snail I would take it back out for it's safety.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #5 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah I'll probably have to wait until finals week then, it's only 2 weeks away 0_0 otherwise I have school or work every single day until 4
Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ugg my finals start this Friday :(

But yes, good luck with it! Also, I'm sure you know, but make sure to acclimate the snail as well at least for 20-30 minutes, they too can be sensitive to pH changes and other various changes :)