Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #11 
pittipuppylove

I'm so sorry for your loss! Personally, I don't think that anyone here truly wished to insinuate that you're an idiot or that you don't know how to care for your fish - it can be very difficult to convey emotion over text and we can only hope that the reader will take it in the way that it was intended to sound. It's also a valid concern about water conditioner in that everyone slips up at some point... Just last Saturday I lost one of my boys - a rescue who was almost ready to be put up for adoption - because I was still stressed from just finishing final exams and in a hurry to meet my family for dinner and forgot to add water conditioner.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #12 
Sakura8

:) You're fine, Anhel.

I'm sorry for your loss, pittipuppy. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's not so much WHAT has been said, it's HOW you say it. Sometimes posts can come off as sounding rude. OP, I'm so sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #14 
Alcemistnv

@LadyJoules

I want to apologize for what I said/how I said it.
I REALLY didn't want to sound rude/angry/etc. It's hard to prove it to people over the computer but I'm not that way unless you actually do something to me, and only a few people in RL have ever experienced it, so I never intended for my post to put you down in any way possible.

I genuinely thought that what I said was okay until I read it back in a different look and it was too late t change it, but I apologize again.

///

So far, back to the betta, I think we just need to know if there was a water test done at the time of the death, prior to the tank switch and if something foreign did get into the tank.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Thank, you Alchemstrivn. That was very kind of you.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #16 
Tikibirds

I also would of asked if you used water conditioner..the reason being is because with my first few bettas, I didn't know about water conditioner and they all died in less then 24 hours with the same symptoms you described. I'm thinking something in the water poisioned him somehow - not necissarly from high ammonia but maybe a chemical on your hand or whatever you used to scrub the algae off with??
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #17 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Was reading on another forum that when floating in tank water and acclimating to a new/cleaned tank, they add a drop or two of Prime to counteract the ammonia that can build up in the cup.

They do the same with new fish floating in a bag; especially if they've been shipped.

I also learned to keep my fish-float cups upside down when I saw my husband spraying air freshener over them.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #18 
SevyJane

Everyone keeps asking if she used water conditioner when she already stated that she had.
I don't know what part of the world you live in, but by chance have you had any flooding or local contamination that might have prompted the local water supply treat the water more aggresively? I have heard of problems with that sort of thing.
Additionally, I was having ammonia issues with my community tank even with treating with Prime and I finally tested the tap water and it was positive for about 1ppm of ammonia. Yuck. Test your tap water and see what results come of that.
SevyJane is offline   Reply With Quote