Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #1 
FishyFloorzack

Unhappy Dead. DOA

My fish has died last night. Ugh, he was my first and lasted a long time. I'm so disappointed in myself. What did he die from?
Attached Images

FishyFloorzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 
shellieca

Sorry for your loss. You'll have to provide much more information for anyone to answer the why he died question. Tank size? Heated? Filtered? Water change schedule? How big is the water change? How long did you have the fish? Food? Tank Mates? and any other information you think could help.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #3 
FishyFloorzack

This is from my other threads..
Housing
What size is your tank? 2.5/ 3 gals
What temperature is your tank? 70-80
Does your tank have a filter? yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none, soft plants

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? different, varies
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2 times a day a few pellets as in 6

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? every week 50/50 then new month new tank water
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 50 or 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? betta water conditioner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?
When did you start noticing the symptoms? last month, tried epsom salt
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? epsom salt
Does your fish have any history of being ill? no
How old is your fish (approximately)? a year

O.k here is what has been happening. I know this is going to be long just hang in there! So about a month a ago or 2/3 weeks he started hanging by the bottom of the tank so i thought, maybe i should feed him, i would but the end of a CLEAN paintbrush never used in his tank to get his attention and feed him bloodworms. I was told that's not a real meal so i got him different pellets. Right? He hasn't eaten for a long time. But when he was in his hospital tank he had string poop, thin, kinda clear but able to see. Right now is i hit the table like as in putting a phone down he flips around hitting stuff then going back down to the bottom of the tank. When i had him in a very warm temp. he was very well. But this heater isn't the best, like at all which i'm getting a new one, very very soon. He has rips in his tail and holes but i wouldn't say it's from his plants, they are very very dull. On top of his head it's lighter but not missing scales or anything, maybe loosing color? He is a bright red fish. His eyes are HUGE and foggy like. I don't know what this is called.
FishyFloorzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #4 
Flapmon

In all honesty it sounds like a lot of different problems built up. I could be wrong though, it sounds like he had worms and then the large eyes make me think of pop eye .. The holes in the tail? He could have been irritated/stressed and bitten his own tail, it could be nothing or it could be early signs of fin rot. How are you varying in food? Different pellets or do you feed him the same brand of pellets? I've heard of fish becoming unwell because of their constant food change, but then his dopey sounding swimming reminds me of a swim bladder problem.

I'm sorry for your loss, SIP.

Edit: Your fish could have died of old age or .. This may sound silly but depression. <<

Last edited by Flapmon; 05-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote