Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #62031 
Sakura8

Creating slime coat is a fish's first and pretty much only defense against any foreign invaders to his body. The medicines probably also cause him to create more as well.

I have . . . a spare spot on my desk for a tank. I could get another betta.

I haven't gotten a betta in so long that I've used up all my betta cups from Petco.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #62032 
FishyFishy89

LMAO! I was playing monkey in the middle with hubby/the super pug, in the process of catching the ball I unplugged my lappy(it has no battery) xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #62033 
Sakura8

Ooops. I've done that. Normally my laptop is plugged in all the time (I know, probably not good for the batteries). But once in a while, I'll tug it loose without knowing and then a few hours later, I'll get the "Warning: less than 20% battery power remaining" and I'll be like "Whaaaaaa?!?"
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #62034 
FishyFishy89

LOL
Keeping my lappy plugged in all the time is why I have no battery. My lappy won't even turn on without the battery inside it. Even plugged in with battery in.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #62035 
Laki

My laptop needs the plug all the time, battery is dead. Comupter is almost 4 years old (June it will be). The cord barely stays in the port too, always standing on egg shells.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #62036 
FishyFishy89

Stumpy is taking a turn for the worse again :,(
He won't stay upright again. I'm double dosing his stress coat. IDK what happened
Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #62037 
scoobie

Hello, I am new to this. I have recently rescued a Betta on Monday. He was in a gallon tank at work. The owner put some type of small frog in the tank on a Friday and Monday his tail looked chewed on so she took the frog out. Then the fish started getting white patches, so we bought ich medication and some other stuff. Each time the tank was cleaned the next day the water was cloudy. The fish quit eating about a week ago, his lips were swollen, eyes were huge and cloudy and he just lays on his plant. They gave up on him but I refused to, so I brought him home. I bought a 5 gallon tank yesterday, with pump, filter and heater and all new stuff. I was told to only use Distilled water to fill it. The water was clear until today. Then I read not to use Distilled water which scared me so I took out about a gallon of water and replaced it with tap water and added the conditioner. His eyes are almost back to normal now, but he isn't active. He stays at the top of the tank in the corner. Please help I don't want him to die.
scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #62038 
FishyFishy89

distilled water lacks the minerals fish need. Tap water with water conditioner works best.

Stumpy passed. I literally have NO clue what happened for him to turn like that. I was only giving him 1 drop of the rid ich. the larger kritter keeper was only half full, so that'd be about 2 gallons. So he certainly wasn't overdosed on the rid ich :,(
Old 05-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #62039 
Yuuie

hi all back from work turned out to be a busy day but at some point i got outnumbered by the guys and ended up being the only girl there O.o. not often that happens usually it's the other way around.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #62040 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
Well, we've got a winter weather advisory, on May 2, I just hope I wont wake up to a foot of snow, by the way, what should I divide my 10 gal. Into? Halfs, thirds, fourths?
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese