Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #41 
dramaqueen
Banned

I do have 3 in gallon containers but I certainly wouldn't go smaller than that. I put one of my new ones in a 2 1/2 gallon critter keeper. I'm gonna put a heater in there for him soon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #42 
MrVampire181

nothing smaller than 1 gallon, which is the minimum in my mind.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #43 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishGirl View Post
My betta lives in a peaceful 75 gallon retirement community. He swims every inch of the tank throughout the day, high, low and in-between. I don't think he's ever noticed any of the other fish, he appears to have no interest in any of them (and vice versa). He's kind of a 'space cadet' floating around in a happy little world of his own. Since these fish originally come from puddles in rice patties where they eat mosquito larvae and other bugs, 75 gallons is a good-sized puddle, but not overly so. He eats everything, but his favorite foods are frozen brine shrimp and frozen blood worms. Yummy!

Keeping them in a coffee mug-sized cup is pure greed though. Im glad you people are giving yours such good homes though.

Dominus Patrus bla bla bla, I give you my blessings :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #44 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree. I have 3 in gallon containers, 1 in a 4 gallon tank, 1 in a 1 1/2 gallon critter keepre and 1 in a 2 1/2 gallon critter keepre.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #45 
rockstar26

put yourself into your bettas shoes for example...

if you were a betta would you want to be confined to a small space? not alot of room to swim and be able to show off your beautiful fins?
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #46 
dramaqueen
Banned

Someday I may upgrade the 3 in gallon containers. They are well taken care of and they get their water changed regularly.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #47 
rockstar26

dramaqueen i hope you dont think that it was directed towards you cause its not :)

i was just reading your fishy names how did you come up with Yerakina? Thats unique :) i like it!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #48 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, I didn't think it was directed at me. :) I do plan someday to upgrade. I'm just kind of like, out of space on my dresser. lol I grew up (in the 60's) listening to a record that my parents had, by a folk group. One of my favorite songs on it was called Yerakina. It was a Greek song about a girl who went to the spring to fill up her water jug. So, when I got my first female betta, I wanted to name her Yerakina. :)
Old 05-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #49 
rockstar26

heck i have to go out and buy a stand for my 10 gallon soon, currently where the tank is it is about to be remodeled in a couple weeks... im so addicted i almost came home with yet another betta today.... the one i saw was white, yet you could see where all his red veins and stuff were throughout his body.. kinda neat!!! i just MIGHT end up back at petco tomorrow LOL
Old 05-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #50 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'd definitely say you are addicted! lol Its so easy to get addicted because they are so beautiful and have such great personalities. I started out with just 1, then a neighbor of mine who has NO compassion at all for animals (and likes people to think she is a big animal advocate) left her betta with me when she went on vacation. She didn't want him back. She said he wasn't made of gold, could easily be replaced and she wasn't going to fool with him by doing regular water changes. He was the best thing to happen to me because that was how I got addicted. :) He was the sweetest little fish and had a wonderful personality. I still miss him.