Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #131 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Let me honest here. Very few betta make it back after pine coning. You are doing fantastic.

Cheering for you and this gives hope to other keepers with fish fighting dropsy.

Thank you so much! I really hope others find this thread, and can help their guys.

I can't wait to put him home!
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #132 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Fish View Post
I'm glad your betta is doing well, he looks much better! I lost my betta when his scales looked like that...it's great your betta is nearly recovered from it :)

Thanks!
I'm really sorry about your fish. :(
Old 05-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #133 
rmarkham

I think he's getting better scale-wise... but he's been very listless the past 2 days....

He will chase food but not eat it. (and there's not many places for it to go)

:-/ I hope he pulls through! He normally eats like a pig. I did get him to eat a few pellets.. but he wasn't interested in the vitachem/garlic soaked ones...

Still sticking out a tad

Old 05-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #134 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

As long as he IS eating, it's a good sign. How has his poop looked?
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #135 
Sakura8

Medicine can have that effect. Ideally, I'd like him to stay in until all of his scales are completely down but I don't want to OD his system either. Rachelle, it's your call. If you think he's okay to head back home, go for it. But if you think he can stand a few more days of treatment, go for that. You do what's best because you know him best.

If you do move him home, I'd suggest keeping him in at least 1 tsp of epsom salts per gallon for a week or more to be on the safe side.

No matter what, you've done a fantastic job with the little guy.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #136 
rmarkham

Thanks!

Depending on how he looks, I might put him home when I get home from work.. I mean, today would be better than any other day because I'll be home all weekend to watch him.

I'll keep you posted!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #137 
rmarkham

Okay. Today is the day! He's going home! He's been listless and pale.. and still a tad pineconed.. but he needs to go home.. he hasn't improved at all over the past week, so I'm hoping his home will do the trick. It's warmer than my 29G tank that's for sure!

I hope he will be okay. I have him acclimating right now, and I did a quick 50% water change (I've been doing them all along ) and added about 1-1.5 tsp of epson salt per gallon.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #138 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

All fingers crossed over here, both my girlfriend and I. Ghost Cass and Gay Tony are crossing their fins too. Come on Mr Squiggles... You can do it...
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #139 
rmarkham

:(

I don't know what to do. Now that he's under his normal lighting.. he's so pale... his fins aren't even red anymore (see avatar).. he doesn't have a shimmer..

He was swimming around a bit before... but now he's up at the top of his tank just sitting there.

This reminds me of my Magikarp before I lost him :(
Old 05-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #140 
Sakura8

:( If he doesn't feel well still, he'll probably be paler. Can't remember if I mentioned it but you may want to keep him in 1 tsp of epsom salts per gallon to be on the safe side. If you have any Indian Almond leaf or decaffeinated pure green tea, you can add that as a source of tannins as well.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote