Betta Fish Forum banner

Help with decorations!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this wonderful site. I LOVE it! So much info on my favorite kind of fish. :)

I have two Betta fish, one Walmart "Rescue" his name is Jello-Bites. And my newest one is Sammy Marshwiggle. I'm going to make a divider for the 10 gallon tank that Jello-Bites is in. I have to make the divider still.

I currently have Sammy in a 1.5 half gallon bin, just a quarantine tank. I'm doing 50% water changes every day and full water changes every 3-4 days. He will be in the 5 gallon soon. I have one problem though, I had a ceramic pot in his tank, so he could hide. He was trying to go UNDER it! I took it out because I didn't want him to get stuck under it! I have a nice big fake plant is his bin. But, Do you think that he will continue this behavior when he is the 5 gallon??? or is it just boredom? He is really healthy from what I can see. I just got him a week ago from what I can tell. Are there any decorations that will give him security other than plants? I don't want my baby to get hurt! He also seems to be a little bit of a picky eater. My Walmart Rescue has NO problem eating!! :-D He is a pig! But, sammy just doesn't seem interested. I feed pellets. I'm thinking about switching to some kind of worm if he doesn't start to eat well soon.

Thanks!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't have any decorations in my tanks and my bettas do fine. I do have plants, though. I'd be concerned too, about him getting caught under the pot. As far as the one who isn't eating goes, he may still be adjusting to his new home. If he doesn't like pellets, you could try BettaMin tropical flake food. I have a female who can't (or won't) eat pellets and I feed her the BettaMin. It can be a little messy, though, if they let it sink to the bottom, like mine did. lol Hope this helps.

#3 ·
When you do a 100% water change, you scoop them with some of the existing water but when you introduce them back into the tub, you have to let them float again for 15 minutes to equalize the temperatures? I have a 10g so i can do partials and thats good enough...

#4 ·
Some walmarts carry decorations for aquariums. One in particular looks like a tree stump with some plants growing from it but it may be too large. They have others as well.;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.