Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Jaden came from a community tank at a fish store.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #12 
khf

Ok, so this is my first post, pulled up your site to find out about the 'shared tanks with the clear wall' my first betta is in a two gallon tank. When I got the second fish they were out of that tank so had to get the 'shared 2.5 gallon' tank. But have decided it is a moot point as it is to small to share anyway. I clean and change completely once a week. I do use the small flat heater as they were the only ones that said they were safe in that small of a tank - but they don't heat up as hot as the book says. They stay about 76 degrees and they don't adjust. My little guy was much happier with the heater. Had some nasty words with the guy at the pet store though about him not knowing what he was selling and him needing to read a book about bettas - much to my daughters embarrassment. Ignorance is not an excuse there is a whole rack of books right there. You would think he would want to sell the heaters.
khf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #13 
Campbell

I understand why stores keep them in small cups. The stock moves quickly and it's alot more practical. But I do not condone infrequent water changes or leading costumers to believe this is acceptable long them. I have actually given my local petstore some care sheets, not only for new owners but employees. The owner was really grateful.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #14 
CapeTown101

I have a 10 gallon heated tank right so what would be there best fishes to keep with my male betta
CapeTown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
I understand why stores keep them in small cups. The stock moves quickly and it's alot more practical. But I do not condone infrequent water changes or leading costumers to believe this is acceptable long them. I have actually given my local petstore some care sheets, not only for new owners but employees. The owner was really grateful.
I have care sheets on my website, so people can print it and give it to the LFS.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #16 
nitrothect

my betta nitro is an a filtered, heated, bio wheeled, lighted 3 gallon tank. is that enough?
-joe
nitrothect is offline   Reply With Quote