Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #11 
NeptunesMom

I normally would've QT'd her but I knew she came from the same tank as the other frog. If there was something in the tank she was already exposed as was the new frog. Both came from the same PetSmart about a week apart from each other.

I was shocked about my cousin. I could see some of my other family members doing it, but not him. He's 22 years old. Old enough to take responsibility for the animals he brings into his life. It's not her fault he chose her.

Thanks to everyone for all their help by the way!

Last edited by NeptunesMom; 05-02-2013 at 02:05 PM.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #12 
NeptunesMom

We are still alive today. Woo Hoo!! But, I am not sure if we are eating. I noticed the pond snails are still in the tank. Which really frustrates me because I took all the tank decorations outside, washed them with a hose, and let them dry in the sun for like 10 hours. The tank was out there too. How the heck did those little *#(*@$ survive? Anyway, I'm not sure if the food being gone is pond snails or ADF. I would assume if she hadn't eaten in a week she would've crossed rainbow bridge by now.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #13 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
I noticed the pond snails are still in the tank. Which really frustrates me because I took all the tank decorations outside, washed them with a hose, and let them dry in the sun for like 10 hours.
You have to blanch (pour boiling water on) or bleach everything to get rid of them. Even with that, it took us 2 months to eradicate them. ._.

I'm glad to hear that he/she is still alive, as long as it's not getting any thinner, it's eating.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #14 
NeptunesMom

I can't really tell. It doesn't appear to be getting thinner, but it still hides when it sees me. It is still alive, and I caught him/her today looking on the plate for food. So, I'm assuming she/he has realized the routine.

I'm now thinking of getting him/her a friend. I've pulled two of the mystery snails from the tank (so now two mystery snails, one ADF and however many evil little pond snails exist in that tank). It's a 10 g when I take the divider out (which I plan on doing). Should I QT a new ADF? It would be coming from the same tank at PetSmart as this one came from. I just don't really have anywhere to QT for 3 mos. So, if I have to QT I'll probably have to skip the friend. I will say the ADF and ACF are in tanks right next to each other (which I know is not ideal).

ETA: I should clarify, I don't have ACF, it's the ACF and ADF at PetSmart that are next to each other.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #15 
Skyewillow

While you SHOULD quarantine if you have an established system, since this frog is only a couple of weeks out of those conditions, you could probably QT for a couple of days to look for other obvious signs of illness before putting them together.

NORMALLY I wouldn't suggest this, but she's still new.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote