Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #11 
Raincloud

...I don't know what happened...I told myself I would only get super pretty/unique girls (as a way to slow myself down) but when I went into Petco today they looked so sad! Well, now I have two more additions- A Blue VT and a Turquoise CT (both girls) They are pretty but nothing really special. I really wanted a DT or HM for my sorority too- and I wanted white, marbled, or purple! What happened!? Well I will still get a few more so maybe I will find something more exciting later....

....I am definitely no help at resisting....
Raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #12 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincloud View Post
...I don't know what happened...I told myself I would only get super pretty/unique girls (as a way to slow myself down) but when I went into Petco today they looked so sad! Well, now I have two more additions- A Blue VT and a Turquoise CT (both girls) They are pretty but nothing really special. I really wanted a DT or HM for my sorority too- and I wanted white, marbled, or purple! What happened!? Well I will still get a few more so maybe I will find something more exciting later....

Oh no! Luckily I resisted because I have no where to put her but gosh! You're cheeky. :P I argued with myself about this and decided I won't get those types of girls but unique ones. I think it's working.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #13 
Skyewillow

I buy all sorts of girls, I don't think there is such a thing as an "ugly" betta!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
I buy all sorts of girls, I don't think there is such a thing as an "ugly" betta!
^ True facts! I have one girl with a deformed spine, well the last part before her tail fin is bent to her right side but she still swims fine and she's the cutest thing ever!

But yeah, I'm still formulating a plan so I can have more XD
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #15 
Raincloud

I would say that I would rather have a betta with a pretty personality than appearance, but I also think that what I might consider beautiful might be different than what someone else thinks.

Still, I think it's great that there are people who don't judge a fish by his scales ;)
Raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #16 
percyfyshshelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincloud View Post

This is how I ended up with TWO sororities, one "pet store" and one "aquabid." one of my pet store girls, who wasn't especially "pretty," was stuck to the lid of her cup in the pet store! I pushed her back into the water but when she did it again I knew I had to take her home. the pet store sorority--they all get along wonderfully, like they're all just grateful to be in a nice tank. The AB sorority, which I just started yesterday--it's like all the fish know they're gorgeous and expensive and there's been a few issues. I've been calling it the "witch" tank. (but using a different word).
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #17 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Heh, yeah I'm no good at resisting which has kind of got me in trouble financially >< Darn-it college! Always getting in the way of my fish hobby! lol
Amen! I no longer have any flat surface to put any more tanks in my dorm room without displacing my textbooks and other supplies - and I'm "lucky" to not have any roommates other than my dog (campus-legal, by the way. She's an emotional support animal) because otherwise there'd be no way that I could keep as many tanks as I do.

I'm starting to place a restriction on which fish I buy - since I've had so many issues with tail biting, I'm now restricting myself to only girls and plakats... Unless the betta in question is a rescue that I intend to adopt out once they're up to full health, at which point I'll help out regardless of tail type.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote