Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #11 
ao
TFK Moderator

I've never seen something like that before. is it trailing off his skin at all? It could be just fungus that is attacking broken skin. it usually goes away with a clean environment. you can tell it's the fungus if it looks slightly hairy....like mould

I've never seen columnaris in person, but I've read that it doesn't show the fuzzy hair strands like the fungus does.

Both the fish I have right now are from petco, and don't have health problems. one was lethargic for the first few days, but soon perked up and has been a feisty little fighter every since. lol.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #12 
Sweetstrwbrry

I wanted to update everyone about my crown tail! Well the past few days he looked at the brink of death. I continued to use the kordon fungus rid and stopped using aquarium salt. He now went from being a cottony mess to having just a smudge left :) the medication is working! I just put some more in to hopefully take care of the last little bit. He looks very anorexic and sick looking but most likely because he hasn't been eating. He just started to eat again yesterday 1 pellet at a time and this afternoons saw him eat two! This is a definite improvement! I have unplugged the heater because I read fungus and stuff grows faster in warmer water. When do you think it would be safe to add the heater back in to help him heal? I will post a picture of him.
Sweetstrwbrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #13 
Sweetstrwbrry

Blurry but because he was moving! :) he looks clampy but I think it is because he is cold. Very little white fluff left. There still seems to be some trailing off the ends of his fins. I hope the meds get that too.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #14 
LittleBlueFishlets

That's great news!

What's the temp in the tank right now?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #15 
Sweetstrwbrry

It is about 75-76. W heater it can be 80
Old 05-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #16 
LittleBlueFishlets

75-76F is fine. You can leave it there for now.

If the temp goes up, the bacteria will multiply faster. Leaving it at 75-76 is safe for him, and means the bacteria won't multiply as quickly.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote