Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #11 
Raincloud

I don't know what is wrong with me...I want another 10 gallon sooo bad. There is one currently at Petsmart with a filter, lid and light. But I have to be good and focus on the sorority...that's what I will keep telling myself...
Raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #12 
Raincloud

4-25-2013

It has been a good morning! "Stripes" has lost her stripes and "Blackie" is no longer clamped! Esau's fins are still growing and strengthening and ADF seems much more comfortable. I on the other hand, have a speech for class today, a midterm and another assignment due~ all for one class! -_- I also have to go get some bloodworms today for ADF(who I think is a boy) since he wont eat betta pellets (oh well, I tried)
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #13 
Raincloud

It has been a few days since I have given an update. Nothing too exciting has been happening here. I have been sick for the last few days and have a huge speech to do tomorrow 0.0 I hope it goes well. All of the fishies are doing good and my ADF finally decided to eat the bloodworms, woohoo. Esau does have a split in his tail that is taking longer to heal too. I think someone tried to breed a CT and VT, he has kind of a funny looking tail, but it reminds me of dragon wings so its all good to me.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #14 
Raincloud

Yesterday was a sad day here. When I woke up yesterday and went to do my morning feeding rounds I noticed my ADF was gone from his tank. After much searching, both in and outside of the tank, I still couldn't find him :( It wasn't until this morning I found him quite a distance from his tank-(he was in the kitchen pantry...) I buried him this morning in the rain beneath a rose bush. I am still very upset about it.

I also went to Petco yesterday and happened to find 2 females (neither in good shape) one is a turquoise CT and the other is a blue VT. They are in hospital tanks right now receiving Stress Coat and AQ Salt. They both appear to have ammonia burns near their gills(?) are very lethargic and pale and one has a sore on her head and the other looks fuzzy. I will update with pictures tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #15 
Raincloud

Well, the two new females are doing better. They have good appetites and seemed to warm up to me faster than Edith and Sybil. I think they may have a bacterial infection and right now are being treated with AQ salt, stress coat and clean, warm water.

What's funny to me is Sybil and Edith would always get stressed out very easily and show stress stripes. After I got the two new ones I decided to test out how they would react to each other so I placed their tanks next to each other. (When I just had two this did not work because Sybil was very stressed and Edith was flaring) Now that there is four of them in eye sight of each other they actually seem happier. If I separate them they get upset. ( I am still anxious about releasing them together though)