Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #62211 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Tiki, don't let her give it to you. It looks cursed.

EDIT: Shirley, but you're a good dog owner and responsible about training and stuff. I think that makes all the difference in a dog is if it has some training. :) But I wonder, are certain types of lab more laid back? So far in my limited experiences, it seems like black labs are the most hyper and golden labs are the calmest.

Oli . . . oh, uhm. Not comfortable.
Well honestly we had a black lab too. That dog was insane. She was very hyper and ill behaved. She got on to the stove because she was so big one day and my mom left a pan of oil on the back burner. She drank the oil and got sick all over the house. She had to be rehomed even though I wanted to bad to keep her. I know it sounds cliche' but she went to a farm... I know how bad that sounds but she really did go to a farm with a man who had a passion for black labs. He had an acre fenced in so his dogs could run.

Thank you for saying I am responsible. I try my best to keep my furry babies happy and disciplined. I still wonder how my shepard turned out so smart. he was a pound rescue and he is so obediant and it didn't take much to get him that way. Personally I think that people that say that behavior and intelligence depends on the breed are right but it also depends on the dog and the owner. Like dachsunds have a bad rep. My grandma had one that was amazing but my husband had one that was a demon. My grandma worked with hers, my husbands was an ill behaved evil thing that would bite you for looking at it wrong, he didn't work with him.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #62212 
Shirleythebetta

Sakura, this is my moms lab she is 13 and my husbands demon dachsund. Hard to believe he was so viscious from the pic. He loved me though, would sleep with me all the time. He hated my husband.
Attached Images

Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #62213 
FishyFishy89

Ugh! I just got this bottle of conditioner and now I need to get more :P
Stupid decisions I make. Prime is not cheap!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #62214 
Sakura8

Shirley, oh wow. That black lab of yours was crazy. It's a good thing he didn't get seriously hurt! It's cliche but honestly, a farm is where those dogs are happiest. They just love to romp and roam and be with their owner. I think some dogs may just be wired funny too.

But yes, I totally agree with you about the training and the breed rep. I think you can only take a breed rep as a guideline but people should be aware that every breed has the oddball that doesn't conform. And then it's up to the owner to do the training. Dogs need training. They're pack animals so they need someone to help focus them, an alpha so to speak. An alpha who can also give them dog treats and rub their bellies. ;)

EDIT: Shirley, awww. The lab has such a typical sweet lab face. And the dachsund . . . hahaha, he needs to be pixelated down below. He looks cute but I'm no longer fooled by cute. *glares at cute cats with claws*

Last edited by Sakura8; 05-05-2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: double post, tired of removing, just gonna merge and edit
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #62215 
LittleBettaFish

This is the naughtiest dog we have ever owned. She is always getting into everything. She ate our door frames, the side of our kitchen cabinets, the deck step and some window frames. She still does when she gets bored.

She can also be really fear aggressive towards other dogs. It is something we constantly work on. She also never did any obedience classes because my mum wanted to show her. BIG mistake. We definitely learned our lesson with her and so mum is going to book in some sessions with a trainer to get her under control. She is strong enough to pull my 100kg dad over when she lunges suddenly and since I am only half of that I always worry I am going to drop the leash.

Would not swap her for anything though as she is 'my' girl and I do love her.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #62216 
Sakura8

Look at that face. <3 She's very beautiful, LBF.

Lost another dojo. Down to one dojo, one unidentified loach, one white cloud that probably has or had mycos because its spine is bent, and one white cloud that is the only survivor of three that I got two weeks ago. Which I suspect those three are the ones that brought something into the tank that killed the loaches. Serves me right for not QTing but that's the risk I run. I knew it could happen. :/
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #62217 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah I think I got ich into two of my tanks because I purchased fish from a store (reputable as well) I used to go to, and both times I didn't quarantine and both times everyone had ich a short time later.

Sucks that you are losing fish. Sounds like it is nasty whatever it is.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #62218 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
This is the naughtiest dog we have ever owned. She is always getting into everything. She ate our door frames, the side of our kitchen cabinets, the deck step and some window frames. She still does when she gets bored.

She can also be really fear aggressive towards other dogs. It is something we constantly work on. She also never did any obedience classes because my mum wanted to show her. BIG mistake. We definitely learned our lesson with her and so mum is going to book in some sessions with a trainer to get her under control. She is strong enough to pull my 100kg dad over when she lunges suddenly and since I am only half of that I always worry I am going to drop the leash.

Would not swap her for anything though as she is 'my' girl and I do love her.
What kind of dog is it?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #62219 
LittleBettaFish

German Shepherd. We have three.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #62220 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think I'll stay away from black and get a yellow lab if I get one lol . Like I said before, I fully intend on working with my puppy to teach it manners and to learn how to behave. I'll keep it in a room with a baby gate up when I'm not home to keep it out of trouble. I don't work and have plenty of time to devote to training a puppy, whether it's a lab or something else.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese