Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #81 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

CJ I don't think of you as a hater. I did not see your post before I posted mine.
It is your opinion and quite frankly I don't care what you think (on this subject anyways it is your opinion. but other things you are far more knowledgable then me)
But will tell you this just because you don't agree with something does not mean I won't agree with it too. You might never buy from Bettafx but that will not stop me from.
He has some amazing fish that might soon be available.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #82 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFx View Post
PLEASE READ.

Alright before any of you guys get upset with me joining bettafighting forums it does not mean im a sole supporters of fighting them. It's a cultural barrier that I see people do not realise that it cannot be stopped but I do keep an open mind. I do not intrude or hate on others before hearing them out. I know there are people who are sensitive to this topic therefore I do not bother saying I'm in the forum but since it questions many people out there I'm more than happy to share my experiences. You are able to expand your knowledge hearing other people's opinion before going out and marking them as a bad owner or breeder. So yes I am a part of the forum but does not mean I am a bad breeder or do not care about these fish. First off I would like to say as well those who breed fighters actually take far better care than those breeder hmpk or Hm at times as it requires a lot of patience having to wait until 8-9 when jarred and sold. They are required to be fed just enough to fill them everyday but not overfed which means by 8-9 months they are full grown and adult. Now I take this note down and notice those who breed hmpk and hm have stuffed their fish soo much to make them grow faster and constant water changes which stresses them out. Those raising fighters would cycle their pond and would not bother water changing too often as the water fluctuates and may harm their slime coat. They take their time to jar them in a quiet place, exercise them and the water quality is just perfect to enhance scales. In the forum there are people hating on breeders who breed for looks and not mentality I see these two factors are easily combined but too many people limit themselves like I said. Those who breed fighters want to retain history and bloodline close to wiltypes. But they don't bother hating on those irresponsibly breeding bad fish. Examples? I see fish with tumours on their head, short bodies, oversized finnage and cannot be supported, blind fish. The list goes on. There are many out there people don't realise. I choose to respect both sides and share the love.

Next is about aggression and I notice this. All bettas can have the same mentality as a fighter and it's all about selection. Those who breed show quality bettas most of the time only care about the form and colour but miss out on the vigor and mentality this is why many breeders fall short and those who aren't experienced with genetics have that misconception that show quality cannot have that same mentality or aggression to flare to a finger and to attack it. This all comes to healthy mind. Don't you see your hmpk or Hm in pet stores tend to just lay at the bottom and not flare? My fish can flare for the whole day if they wanted to with no problems.

In conclusion, i join these forums to learn from other people and the culture behind it instead of limiting myself to one mind set. We as humans cannot progress without thinking outside the box. I am not a bias person and to have both sides implementing not to support show fish or not to support fighter strain so I learn both sides and to think for myself not have people think for me.

Now having all that said a fight to the death is not supported even in the fighting forums. This is a fact. But what I hate the most are people who gamble which is no different than dog fights. This is the truth and I'm here as both supporters of show quality and fighter strain to tell you guys what I read what I see both primary and secondary info.

although i am not as active on this forum than facebook which you all can feel free to search me up and pm me, I am aware of how i rear my fish and breed them. Just because I breed fighters does not mean I'm a bad person or a bad breeder. Before anyone runs their mouth please read what I got to say or message me and I'll tell you the truth.

Seeing is believing and how I raise my fish is mental and physical health that some overseas breeders do not consider.

I believe in second chances and not get caught up in the 'hype' so please do your research. Fighters are still bettas and it's interesting to see their attitude is different than those in pet stores. I combine the two methods both fancies eye candy and the heart and mind of a 'fighter' with the way the breeders also make their scales and colour better (this is a secret) =]. You can have an eye candy looking fish but if they cannot hold their finnage, flare longer than 30 mins, resistant to diseases (most), the fish does not have good bloodline the genetics is watered down far too much and 'man' itself have been carrying it far too long for example egg eaters can be because you scared the fish,eggs no good OR themselves as a male betta don't know how to nest therefore that bloodline should not be passed that's why i dont bother artificially hatching them and continuing bad practices though I know how to hatch them myself.

What I'm trying to do for Canada as a country along with Elitebetta is to develop superior fish than overseas with our genetic knowledge and rearing skills.

It's heart breaking to hear those who don't have the respect or guts to come message me haha. I have spent years researching different animals and to apply my knowledge to progressing this hobby on a more positive route. Years of trial and errors just for those in love with raising these fish. The nurturing required.

please read above =]

I'm also not as active on facebook or youtube posting new videos anymore...for those who are supporting me or hating on me whichever... I am developing really nice fish expect them to be ready in the next couple months. I went on hiatus for school work and a job. So in due time you guys will see some beauties ;p! I have showed pictures to beautifulbettas who have been a great supporter of my projects,

Much love to everyone =]
Thanks for taking the time to explain your philosophy and correct some misconceptions. Although I don't like the idea of actually fighting bettas, I would never want the fighter "mentality" to be bred out either. They are simply the most amazing fish in the world (in my opinion lol) and it's the combination of beautiful colours/fins and their friendly/feisty personalities that makes them so amazing.

I think what most betta lovers are concerned with is outright cruelty and neglect....and we probably see more of that in our local fish stores than we would see at a responsible breeder who loves these fish and is dedicated to preserving their remarkable traits.

Sounds to me like BettaFx is a responsible and knowledgeable breeder who truly cares about these fish like most of us here do. Just my opinion after reading his post....
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #83 
BettaFx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta123 View Post
CJ I don't think of you as a hater. I did not see your post before I posted mine.
It is your opinion and quite frankly I don't care what you think (on this subject anyways it is your opinion. but other things you are far more knowledgable then me)
But will tell you this just because you don't agree with something does not mean I won't agree with it too. You might never buy from Bettafx but that will not stop me from.
He has some amazing fish that might soon be available.
thank you for your support much love to you both who don't support my practices regarding fighter breeding or culling my fish I do what I can to keep this hobby progressing and running.

Fact: I don't fight my fish anymore, I was accustomed to this culture at a young age as part of Asia to be normal to them . As for my dad I raise them and for other friends to see but fights are never my thing I just breed them sell them or give them to friends and that's about it and if they have an attitude of a fighter flaring typically and biting the glass then that's great I am able to replicate that. And if they are sloppy and lazy I choose not to sell them.

it's all good everyone to their opinions. I have said what I had to say to this community out of honesty and respect.
BettaFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #84 
BettaFx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
Thanks for taking the time to explain your philosophy and correct some misconceptions. Although I don't like the idea of actually fighting bettas, I would never want the fighter "mentality" to be bred out either. They are simply the most amazing fish in the world (in my opinion lol) and it's the combination of beautiful colours/fins and their friendly/feisty personalities that makes them so amazing.

I think what most betta lovers are concerned with is outright cruelty and neglect....and we probably see more of that in our local fish stores than we would see at a responsible breeder who loves these fish and is dedicated to preserving their remarkable traits.
Sounds to me like BettaFx is a responsible and knowledgeable breeder who truly cares about these fish like most of us here do. Just my opinion after reading his post....
Yep! Got to consider that and I see many fish sold on aquabid very bad inbreeding, line breeding skills yet many dont NOTICE or dont' say a thing ;p it's far worse than doing something to sustain the bloodline rather than TAINTING IT! Yep I'm not telling you guys to accept betta fighting I'm just telling you guys to respect other people's culture no point implementing your belief onto others that won't believe it that's why I gave my two opinions on both sides both pros and cons =] very straight forward and common sense animal abuse is bad there we go. but some don't think fish are animals or are worth more than your dog cat etc. I treat everyone equally.
So again each to their own opinions =]

Yep neglect is crazy talk. If I did not neglect my fish I would not have the patience to treat sick fish to learn. I would not take my time raising over 6 spawns at once hatching brine shrimp twice a day water changing tanks water changing individual jars of over 100 every 3 days 100% water change. So you guys have a think about it. Even in Asia some would not care to water change that often. I also take the time to culture and feed my own live food to get the best out of them. : ] same goes to fighter breeders in general the nurturing of a fighter is far greater than of your typical pet store bettas or show bettas. It's just something people misunderstand. w.e.

I must say here. though if any of you guys are sensitive to culling bad looking fish or fish who don't flare much ...unhealthy. There will be a negative route for you in breeding. Leniency in standards in the long run will result in bad fish ultimately disappointment...money, time and bloodline wasted. I get it you want to save all your fry and juvies BUT as a RESPONSIBLE breeder since you tampered with nature itself removing the father instead of allowing him to cull the fry, you have to be strict with culling them yourselves. You do not see bettas in nature get man handled after the fry are swimming haha ;p

Thank you :] for your support much love,

If anyone comes to Ontario Mississauga or Toronto feel free to PM me and come take a look at my stocks more than welcome there is nothing to hide here. except upcoming spawns ;p haha!

Last edited by BettaFx; 05-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #85 
Syriiven

Thing is, people have differing opinions on what comes across as abuse and what doesnt. Outsiders looking in see something very different than a culture that's lived with it traditionally. Same with 'breeding responsibly' many breeders will value different things, and thus will have differing opinions on what comes across as responsible and not.

So as a reminder...these are opinions being stated. Not a debate. It's a terribly sensitive subject.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #86 
BettaFx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
Thing is, people have differing opinions on what comes across as abuse and what doesnt. Outsiders looking in see something very different than a culture that's lived with it traditionally. Same with 'breeding responsibly' many breeders will value different things, and thus will have differing opinions on what comes across as responsible and not.

So as a reminder...these are opinions being stated. Not a debate. It's a terribly sensitive subject.
What I can do for you guys is to tell you what is a wrong turn genetically breeding bad fish.

yep for sure. that's why i respect both sides and not bother arguing or hating causing drama. but if anyone has anything bad to say about me ask me for facts before stating them yourself.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #87 
Syriiven

Honestly, I'm quite happy not breeding. I love giving them comfortable homes to live out their lives in, but I don't think I'd have the patience or time or space or money to get into breeding. I've got other hobbies that fill up my plate after work.

But I respect the hard work that goes into it, and marvel at the folks who do it.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #88 
BettaFx

Quote:
Honestly, I'm quite happy not breeding. I love giving them comfortable homes to live out their lives in, but I don't think I'd have the patience or time or space or money to get into breeding. I've got other hobbies that fill up my plate after work.

But I respect the hard work that goes into it, and marvel at the folks who do it.
ahaha yeah I have many hobbies as well =] I just enjoy creation and improving. Thank you!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #89 
Catw0man

Quote:

I totally agree with you! I don't know that I would ever breed bettas (much as I love them).....not only for the time that goes into it, but I would personally have a hard time culling anybody (even though I totally understand the need for it) and, I don't know what in the world I would do with the fry! I am ever so grateful for all the breeders out there......so a big THANK YOU to every responsible breeder out there making this hobby what it is!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #90 
herefishy77

HI there, I would be interested to know if anyone has any breeding stock. I am interested in halfmoon mostly. I notice a lot of people are interested in plakats. you can email me at gmail herefishy77
herefishy77 is offline   Reply With Quote