Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #21 
AyalaCookiejar

Very good thread!
I live in Nebraska and I don't really have to worry about tsunamis/earthquakes/hurricanes, but blizzards are fairly common in the winter months and tornadoes are common as well... I already have all my fish in the basement because of how common tornadoes are (it gets so cold in the winter down here, though, but my heaters are good at keeping a consistent 78 degrees even in the 60 degree room temp. Floods are also not common... But possible. Half the town I live in is like a big valley but I live right on top of "the hill" and away from the creek downtown, which has flooded before.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #22 
Bluewind

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread. I also wanted to thank you for giving us a simple explination for the difference between ebsom and aquarium salts. I have looked everywhere for something like this!
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #23 
Myates

You are welcome, glad it could help :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #24 
Picasso84

This thread is great! Thank You Myates, for taking the time to put this together!! I "summer" (I guess u could call it that!) on a little island, that is kinda off the beaten track so-to-speak, and we lose power there all the time, and get hurricanes frequently... Sat thru Sandy last fall down there! So this is very helpful!
Picasso84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #25 
DefStatic

Should be a sticky, thanks!
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #26 
Picasso84

^+1^ I Vote for a Sticky Too! :)
Picasso84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #27 
Jexx

+100
Def sticky this! Here in Mississauga, don't really get too many natural disasters but you never know when a fire or earthquake can hit. I do not have any of the things needed for an emergency kit! Will def be making one.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #28 
Allirane

This is an amazing post! Thank you! You are very sweet to mention getting out first. Family is the priority, even though our pets are a wonderful addition to that. In the event of those disasters, sometimes we have to make those horrible decisions for the safety of ourselves or our family. Thank you!
Allirane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #29 
Myates

lol thanks guys :)

It's always good to be as prepared as possible. We take the time to plan things out, get vets, items, relatives to help.. etc.. when we have dogs and cats, among other larger mammals.. but sometimes the fish can be forgotten in the mix. This way, if you have everything then it will be easier to take care of them if something should happen.

Our lives and family are the most important thing, but we do love our pets very much and will do what we can to protect them and care for them. So I'm glad this helps give others an idea of what to keep around in case something happens from a sick fish to worse. I have two big containers for items such as this - one with medicine, towels, etc.. and the other has extra heaters, kritter keepers, etc in it. In my experience over the last couple decades - always best to have the most necessary items on hand in case something happens. Never know sometimes.. :(
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote