Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #11 
rockstar26

i've got white gravel in both of my fish tanks, just strange the white stuff is only in the 10 gallon tank... i'll switch it out and see if that helps :)
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #12 
ZanZan

I have a similar issue. for me, it looks like a white powder is resting on top of my one plant. it's the plant closest to the filter, and the area I live in does have hard water. I just figured it's like, lime or something, but maybe I'm wrong >> It doesn't seem to be affecting the fish's health or anything so I don't think it's much of a problem. I'm gonna vacuum it all off when I do a water change :)
ZanZan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #13 
rockstar26

today i noticed the water on blues clues side seems to have a film kinda stuff over it thats swirly.... wonder if it's due to me treating him for fin rot with melafix about a week and a half ago? blues clues side has the heater, spooks side has the filter.....

i wonder wonder? any thoughts?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Are you sure the powdery looking stuff isn't just little tiny air bubbles? Sometimes when I change the water on my 4 gallon the heater will be covered in air bubbles and it looks kind of powdery.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-28-2009 at 05:56 PM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #15 
rockstar26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Are you sure the powdery looking stuff isn't just little tiny air bubbles? Sometimes when I change the water on my 4 gallon the heater will be covered in air bubbles and it looks kind of powdery.

definately not bubbles.... it's on the plants the heater, the decorations.... fish are acting normal so i haven't a clue!!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

You don't use Stress coat for your water conditioner, do you? I used to use it and had swirly stuff in the bowl and stuff hanging off my betta. It was freom the aloe vera I think.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #17 
rockstar26

i sure don't.... only thing i have put in it was aquariam salt, declorinator, and melafix
Old 05-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #18 
crowntail lover

Do you have live plants planted in your tank??? I think thats whats wrong with mine! :]
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #19 
rockstar26

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntail lover View Post
Do you have live plants planted in your tank??? I think thats whats wrong with mine! :]
i have one small live plant on the side thats got the swirly water stuff.... you think thats it? i'm half tempted to throw the darn thing out!!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #20 
missqueen

maybe there is too much iron in your water, try to buy spring water at the store that has no chlorine or iron. just use that and see what happens
but dont forget to get ur fish used to the new water by mixing it in a little at a time each water change.
missqueen is offline   Reply With Quote